Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • more fashion advice needed
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

right, so after reading chapaking’s interview attire thread it’s clear to me that many of you are veritable gok wans when it comes to sartorial elegance, so here’s the deal- going to a mate’s wedding this saturday and i’ve bought a fairly bright blue suit for it (ultra slim fit, because i’m a modern fashionable male), but i don’t want to wear a white shirt with it because, well, i don’t do white shirts. ever. so, what colour shirt would you stylish gents go with? tie is optional, and i’m erring towards the no tie. got a pair of taupe “suede” derbys to go with the whole thing too.

do your worst, ladies…

Junkyard
    Free Member

NO shirt and tell everyone you are the stripogram

lunge

A blue suit/brown shoe combo is pretty neutral so you’ll have a bit of freedom.

Personally, I’d go pink, plain if you’re wearing a tie, patterned if not.

woody2000

Something orangey

wrecker
    Free Member

LOUDEST pink you can find

Bunnyhop

Floral shirt.

matt_outandabout

OP?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i did actually spot that pic when google image searching for inspiration matt, but no, that’s not me- too much hair (even if it is transplanted from his knackers)…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is that a close approximation of the colour though?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

not quite that shiny, but yes. nearer to that than navy.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So, what’s the problem with a white shirt? I reckon a white shirt is what’s going to look best under that? If not white and you’re going with no tie, then maybe a light grey. Anything else is going to look…I dunno…I don’t really want to say. 🙂

(P.s. regarding the tie, I’d go with a tie. If it’s all a bit lounge-suit, then you can always whip it off and stuff it in your breast pocket.)

Or wear a cravat.

So…wear a smart white shirt…there are plenty that won’t look like a stationery sales rep’s and go for a darker blue plain tie. You’ll look the shizzle!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

A Liberty print in Tana Lawn.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Pale lilac shirt

thomthumb
    Free Member

light blue, like the colour that’s blue green (next to green).

The blues on that colour wheel seem odd to me.

edhornby

I would go with a pale grey, but I probably wouldn’t use the shoes you mentioned unless you are going with plain white because the shoes are your accent colour, you’re trying to balance 3 colours which is tricky

why not go to a proper tailors, take the shoes and the trousers and ask their opinion ? can’t hurt and would be better than a load of polyester wearing smelly blokes 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘more fashion advice needed’ is closed to new replies.