Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • More Faith No More
  • brooess
    Free Member
    Leku
    Free Member

We care a lot.

mudshark
    Free Member

Saw them in Jan 1990 followed by the Chilis in Feb, great times.

No Jim Martin I suppose.

Freester

Big fan of the early stuff but can’t get excited about this.

My memory is vague. Definitely saw them at Brixton Academy 1990ish. Possibly supported by the Chillis?

Clobber
    Free Member

Blimey, that came from out of nowhere…

Northwind

I saw them a couple of times on the last tour, always a bit skeptical about bands who need a hit to keep them warm, so they can split and then reform… But it was ace tbh.

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, the last thing they released worth listening to was 1992 (Angel Dust)… follow ups were boring, but since then, the bona-fide genius Mike Patton has done loads of interesting and weird stuff… so is he capable of fronting another average rock album, or will it be more interesting…
    I suspect they’ve had their day, but maybe..

DezB
    Free Member

Cool – last.fm has a past gigs list. I was wondering when it was I saw FNM:
    http://www.last.fm/event/3094883+Faith+No+More+at+Portsmouth+Polytechnic+on+24+October+1989

Same year as the Tad/Nirvana tour that I missed 😥

scruff
    Free Member

I first saw then at reading, cant remember the year but it was my first festival, I was delirious with joy, amazing introduction to festivals that day. I’ll buy their album even if its dad rock.

Cougar

Spotted this on FB yesterday, I’m very excited about it.

First saw FNM at Maine Road, sandwiched between Soundgarden and and Guns N Roses (UYI tour) and the were, ahem, epic. Saw them most recently when they reformed for Donington and they were better than ever, like they’d never been away. I have high hopes for this.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Yay, could be album of the year 🙂

Christ I feel old, only seems like yesterday I went to the local record shop in my lunch break at school to pick up Album of the Year when it came out. 17 years ago. 17 years! 🙁

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

They were awesome in London in July

Northwind

Same year as the Tad/Nirvana tour that I missed

Mate of mine saw that tour, he says Tad are great and Nirvana are never going to amount to anything.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Saw them at as support for Guns n Roses, Maine Road in 1992. The setup was crap and sounded like they were underwater whilst all the other acts were great. Very disappointed as I was big fan of theirs then and was looking forward to them as much as GnR.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Epic.

Cougar

Saw them at as support for Guns n Roses, Maine Road in 1992. The setup was crap and sounded like they were underwater whilst all the other acts were great.

Have to disagree with you there, unless they did more than one night? The one I was at was the one that was cancelled and rescheduled due to Axl being a twa unforseen circumstances. FnM absolutely blew GnR off the stage, IMHO.

angeldust
    Free Member

Can’t wait. The new songs they played on tour haven’t exactly blown me away, but my expectations won’t be so high that I’ve expecting something to rival Angeldust. It’s just not going to happen.

No Jim Martin I suppose.

No, will be the touring line up with Jon Hudson (same as when they broke up).

craigxxl
    Free Member

Have to disagree with you there, unless they did more than one night? The one I was at was the one that was cancelled and rescheduled due to Axl being a twa unforseen circumstances. FnM absolutely blew GnR off the stage, IMHO.

Wasn’t rescheduled iirc and only the one show as far as I know. Faith no more came on first and the sound was dreadful. Then Soundgarden who I hadn’t heard of then but the sound was good. Eventually GnR came on after something like 1 1/2 hours and were fantastic.

Edit. Soundgarden then Faith no More

weare138
    Free Member

I saw them at Buckley, North Wales, in 1988/9 (their first tour) with Chuck singing. I realised at the time I was witnessing something amazing… Met Billy Goild after and he was a nice chap. I’m not a great fan of the later stuff tbh.

Cougar

Wasn’t rescheduled iirc and only the one show as far as I know.

I’m almost certain it has to be one or the other, unless I’ve seriously misremembered.

The gig I went to was rescheduled to a Sunday night. Soon as it got to Axl’s bedtime curfew time (10pm?) they went “goodnight!” and sodded off. It was like 20 years ago so my memory may not be 100%, but I think the headline set was only like an hour long.

I was absolutely gutted at the time. I’d seen the ‘Live in Paris’ or wherever it was, from earlier in the same tour, and they were phenomenal. Then when the gig I had tickets for was rescheduled, the promoter told us it’d be extra special to make up for it. I was expecting something mind-blowing and they were, well, pretty good for the amount of time they were on stage, but it was a crushing anticlimax.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I saw them at Buckley, North Wales, in 1988/9 (their first tour) with Chuck singing. I realised at the time I was witnessing something amazing… Met Billy Goild after and he was a nice chap. I’m not a great fan of the later stuff tbh.

Ah yes, the Tivoli in Buckley. Was there in March watching Magnum (brilliant), looking forward to this new album. Always liked FNM.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’m almost certain it has to be one or the other, unless I’ve seriously misremembered.

The gig I went to was rescheduled to a Sunday night. Soon as it got to Axl’s bedtime curfew time (10pm?) they went “goodnight!” and sodded off. It was like 20 years ago so my memory may not be 100%, but I think the headline set was only like an hour long.

I was absolutely gutted at the time. I’d seen the ‘Live in Paris’ or wherever it was, from earlier in the same tour, and they were phenomenal. Then when the gig I had tickets for was rescheduled, the promoter told us it’d be extra special to make up for it. I was expecting something mind-blowing and they were, well, pretty good for the amount of time they were on stage, but it was a crushing anticlimax.

20 + years has played tricks with my mind too. I spoke to my mate who I went with and it was Soundgardens sound that crap. Faith No More were great although I can’t seem to remember it. There was a massive delay before GnR came on but then the performance was great.
    We’re not sure about any reschedule though. This was all during leave for me after a tour of Northern Ireland so most of that time is a bit blurry.

nemesis
    Free Member

We care a lot! 🙂

Epic news though King for a Day was rather hit and miss IMO.

And since we’re on it, Brixton Academy in 1991 or 1992. Crazy couple of hours. My mate almost got properly trampled in the mosh pit and the warm up act (all women IIRC) bassist dropped trou half way through…

Good times 🙂

Northwind

Is it wrong that King for a Day is my favourite FNM album? Love it… Was really pleased that lounge singer Patton got a look in at the reform shows

Cougar

. I spoke to my mate who I went with and it was Soundgardens sound that crap.

Ah, that could well have been the case. I’d never heard of Soundgarden at that point so they weren’t particularly memorable to me either way.

stevied
    Free Member

They must be having a Midlife Crisis..

nemesis
    Free Member

This thread’s jogged my memory. One of my favourite lyrics ever. Reminds me of a few on here 🙂

she’s tired of your uniqueness

federalski
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Is it wrong that King for a Day is my favourite FNM album? Love it… Was really pleased that lounge singer Patton got a look in at the reform shows

Not at all, King for a day is my favourite as well, you hear so many people saying they liked the early stuff but the later stuff was a bit blah. Which is fair enough, the sound changed without Jim Martin but for me changed for the better, and showed they have a lot more layers to them.

Though I still like the early stuff I very rarely listen to it and much prefer King for a Day and Album of the Year.

ourmaninthenorth

B. E. A. G. G.
    R. E. S. S. I. V. E.

(Listened to that album to death as a lad and enjoyed them breaking the PA system on the main stage at the inaugural Phoenix festival in ’93.)

kimbers

cool, im not so keen on his fantomas stuff, tomahawk is ok, peeping tom- very good, but fnm ftw!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘More Faith No More’ is closed to new replies.