Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • More cyclist road deaths – police solution, nick more cyclists…?
  • andyg68

where does this persecution complex come from in people who ride cycles.

Constant hate messages from most of the general media and general public. A small but significant number of motorists who think it is perfectly acceptable to run us off the road or kill/maim us.

brooess
    Free Member

where does this persecution complex come from in people who ride cycles.

Being driven off the road on a club ride a couple of months ago. Clubmates had a word. Response ‘don’t care’
    Having a speeding car driving straight at three of us on a country road in February – closing speed close to 50mph, having to drop my shoulder whilst riding in the last 6 inches of the road to avoid being hit
    Being screamed at to ‘get out of my way, your supposed to pull over’ by some mad woman a couple of weeks ago.
    Horn leaned on when I paused for two seconds to take a right turn…

Get similar treatment when driving but it’s occasional rather than several times a journey…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Do you really not understand that if you concentrate your resources on dealing with errant cyclists you’ll save a lot less lives than concentrating the same resources on drivers? Cars simply aren’t the same as bicycles – to treat them equally is absurd if your aim is road safety.

A lot of it is a PR campaign, to give the impression cyclists are above the law by not enforcing the laws they brake is just asking for trouble.

In the grand scheme of things of few traffic cops looking for cyclists is very small compared to the amount that are on the roads looking for motorists every day.

samuri
    Free Member

My thoughts as a seasoned motorcyclist however begs where does this persecution complex come from in people who ride cycles.

Ride a bike in the city on the road for a week. That’ll usually answer your question.

kimbers

critical mass die in tonight at TFL offices, blackfriars

personally i think if they want to make more impactthey should protest outside barclays

kimbers

critical mass die in tonight at TFL offices, blackfriars

personally i think if they want to make more impact they should protest outside barclays

MrSmith
    Free Member

Loads of plod at my local cross-roads/junction/boris blue highway tonight stopping cyclists to ‘advise’ them about lights and hi-viz.
    The same stretch of road that takes me about 2min to walk along when going to sainsburys where to make the amble pass a little quicker I count the number of drivers on mobiles/texting. My record is 6 for the out and return journey.
    Where are the police then?
    I did utter the words “a pathetic waste of resources” as I walked past but they were probably too busy thinking about their next donut to respond.

bencooper
    Free Member

Linked to from BikeTradeBuzz – read the full transcript:

linky

😀

brooess
    Free Member

Linked to from BikeTradeBuzz – read the full transcript

Great. Even the Police are harassing cyclists on the basis of total ignorance and falsehoods…

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘More cyclist road deaths – police solution, nick more cyclists…?’ is closed to new replies.