Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • More Cyclist Die In North Wales
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Than anywhere else, if you live in N Wales like I do its a worrying statistic.

Article

saxabar
    Free Member

Hmm, not good. It would be illuminating to see a breakdown of where these are occurring.

konagirl
    Free Member

There was a post on here a while ago when the Department of Transport released the casualty and fatality data in GIS format to 2008. I can’t find the link that post went to, but it was a map showing every casualty and fatality from 1999 to 2008 on a map, with symbols and information on sex, mode of transport, etc. Like this but you didn’t have to click on every icon to see the details. I’m sure there will be updates including the 2011 data somewhere.

Its a very sad statistic and I really hope they do something proactive to tackle general poor driving towards cyclists rather than just reactively change the layout or speed limit of sections of road where incidents have already occured.

bigjim

I have to say every time I have been to Wales, I have been amazed at the driving I see, eg overtaking on rural roads through blind corners, over blind summits, etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘More Cyclist Die In North Wales’ is closed to new replies.