Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • More car suggestions please….
  • matt_outandabout

…the mighty Yaris may be giving up after 14 years of hard service….

Mid sized, petrol, carry four occasionally on longer journeys with kit, but usually only one or two for a commute (country lanes, 25miles).

Needs to be @£6-7k, reliable and safe.

Thinking Asian, so Mazda 3, Auris, Civic, i30 etc, but we had a Seat Córdoba before and the new Seat Ibixa Estate also looks a good un.

fadda

Thought about a Kia? The Cee’d fits your bill and is reliable, nicely pug together, well equipped etc.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve been impressed by the Hyundai’s i’ve had recently as hire cars. In fact Korean cars in general seem to be coming of age at the moment and if you can get past the brand image, they’re probably up there with the main brands. They seem to be well built, feel quality and drive well. I’ve never owned one, but a mate had a Hyundai and had no problems whatsoever with it, and another mate has a Kia Sportage as a company car and drives stupid miles and he’s not had a single issue with it. Won’t get the pulse racing, and certainly won’t impress the badge snobs, but if you’re after a half decent, reliable, cheap run-around then you’ll struggle to do better I think.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peakyblinder
    Free Member

Kia – will still have a few years warranty left on one at that price.

sandwicheater

Ford Focus, may be dull but is a great car.

FB-ATB

I had a 57 plate Mazda 3. In 7 years the only problems were corroding alloys (replaced under warranty – think its a common problem on them) and one rear spring broke. It was a 1.4 petrol. The only downside was fuel economy wasn’t great having been used to diesels for commuting. When I got the Mazda the commute was short but when that changed to 60 and 90 mile commutes I was visiting the pumps often, compared to similar distances in a diesel.

wilburt
    Free Member
    Pickers

Just bought a 60 plate Honda Civic for exactly that budget. Only had it a month but I haven’t broken it yet.

matt_outandabout

The Kia’s and Hyandai’s and Toyota’s with longer warranties do appeal.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

warrantie’s

FTFY. 😉

porter_jamie

focus or fiesta really do drive very nicely indeed, better than any vw, and better even than a bmw i would say. the steering feel on a focus is glorious. my dad has a new small Hyundai and he likes it but it’s not the most inspiring thing to drive.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fabia 1.2tsi. Great wee car.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘More car suggestions please….’ is closed to new replies.