Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • more bank incompetance.
  • mrmo
    Free Member

I “closed” a credit card account then moved, Paid off the balance, or thought i had and told them my new address, or thought i had.

Discover a couple months later that they were sending bills to the old address and adding non payment charges, there was an outstanding balance i hadn’t thought about, pennies due to interest. Ring them up to say why are you sending bills to old address, after a small argument the operator hangs up. So write to Bank to complain why they are sending bills to old address.

After a few months i get a letter, yes we messed up and will ensure account closed. plus £20 for incovienence, but we can’t change the address on your account because you haven’t told us what it is.

Except the letter was sent to my current address and not the address on the account!

Is there anything i can do about my credit history, because they got the address wrong and i didn’t get the bills payments weren’t made. so it shows on the credit file i assume. The bank are saying they can’t do anything?

andrewh
    Free Member

we can’t change the address on your account because you haven’t told us what it is.

Except the letter was sent to my current address
    🙄

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘more bank incompetance.’ is closed to new replies.