Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • More Apple Music woes….
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

My ripped music collection is my musical history. There’s crap in it but it’s a personally curated history of my musical tastes pretty much since I got my first tape player. There are various obscurities and remixes that are not on Spotify et al. I want to keep that and have the streamed music i’m listening to appear in the same library.

Spotify shows local files but theres no way of browsing by album or artist. Imported playlists from iTunes seem to work though and play.

Apple Music (with iCloud music switched on) looked like the answer but it’s currently corrupting my library and adding both local and streaming versions of the same albums (sometimes with less metadata on the streaming versions – eg album name missing). Playing an album from my phone the other day I was getting every track twice – first local, then the second streamed over my data connection.

Have I screwed up a setting somewhere or is it really this crappy? I don’t actually want/need the ‘itunes match’ function BUT without that switched on music I “add to my library” on one device doesn’t appear on others. I I create a playlist on the iMac and sync to the phone it doesn’t have the Streaming tracks in it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have avoided it because of these stories. Sadly I think it “works” like this. Also I believe there is no way back. Do you have a Time Machine backup ? I’d suggest you restore to a time before you joined Apple Music and not sign up a second time.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Also I believe there is no way back. Do you have a Time Machine backup ?

Not just a time machine back up but also a copy of the contents of my iTunes library on another disc. I knew there were horror stories from a iTunes Match early days but assumed it would have been fixed by now..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘More Apple Music woes….’ is closed to new replies.