Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • More Angle Reducing Head Set Advice Please..
  • Sodajim

Hello chaps, I have a Mark 1 Solaris which I am considering putting a 2 degree reducing Works Components headset into to make it feel a tad less steep. Would someone with more knowledge about the affect of altering geometry be able to advise if it would also alter the reach of the bike and how that would feel in the real wold, i.e. longer or shorter?

My frame is a medium but I’m on the cusp of sizes at 5.11″. The bike feels fine with the saddle up but it feels a bit cramped with it down which is how it spends most of its time so in hindsight a large frame might have been better.

I know it will drop the BB a fraction, and slightly steepen the seat angle neither of which are bad but I really don’t want it to feel any shorter when out of the saddle.

I’m running a 120 fork if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

5lab

the bars are moved (a couple of mill) nearer to the bb, shortening the reach, however the bike is rotated forwards (by a tiny amount), lengthening the reach. overall, I’d be surprised if it makes any significant difference

greyspoke
    Free Member

The way anglesets work it will bring the top headset bearing towards you a bit. Just a few mm though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds good, report back when you’re done it.

Considering putting a -1deg headset in my mk2, as I have one kicking around anyway.

Dunno if I can bring myself to remove the nice Hope headset on there now though.

😳

Sodajim

Thanks guys I appreciate your advice

poah
    Free Member

superstar -2 headset is cheaper than the works one.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Yeah I managed to pick up a second hand but unused -1.5deg Works one but if I was buying new I would probably just go for the Superstar one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘More Angle Reducing Head Set Advice Please..’ is closed to new replies.