Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Moray Monster conditions
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

I have been going up to Elgin area every month for the last 2 years and only now am taking a bike.

I found a thread on here once saying its was a bit wrecked.

What’s it like now?
    Ridable?
    Worth it?
    Can I ride (and enjoy) the gulley monster on a rigid singlespeed?

Cheers!

chico66
    Free Member

I was up earlier in the year and it was all fine. Can’t say for recent weeks but it’s been pretty dry lately so I’d think things would be ok

If you’ve never been then it’s definitely worth a look, The Gully Monster should be ok on a single speed although the fire road climb up to the start might be fun!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Perfect I will give it a shot! Cheers.

joshvegas
    Free Member

😯

hmm that was quite tricky!

bruneep

Why

joshvegas
    Free Member

Because I am a massive wimp!

devs
    Free Member

Monster Trails are nice every now and again. Gulley Monster is one of a kind and quite exposed at parts if you were to have an off but if you can block that out it’s not too tech.
    If you are bringing the bike more often give me a shout and I’ll show you some nice trails around Elgin. I’m not sure a rigid singlespeed is the right tool but you’ll manage, kcal off here does just fine 🙂
    I ride a rigid on occasion too but it has very fat tyres 🙂

swavis

The trails at Ben Aigen are no more though since the FC vandalised them 👿

Parts are still there but they’ve pulled up all the woodwork and done a real hatchet job of digging up sporadic parts of trail to stop it being ridden.

joshvegas
    Free Member

It was great fun. The gulley monster was fine just a bit different to what I am used to!

I might take you up on that offer cheers!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Moray Monster conditions’ is closed to new replies.