Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Moral Maze – given the wrong takeout!
  • DrJ

I went to the local Indian and ordered a takeout. They told me to come back in 15 mins, which I did, at which point they told me my food was ready and gave me a bag. I carried it home, opened the bag, and discovered 2 meals instead of one.

Would you have taken it back? (I didn’t – it’s raining and cold outside)

dvatcmark
    Free Member

If you did it would have to go in the bin anyhow.

bigblackshed

Was it what you ordered?

takisawa2

If it were a place I knew well I’d have given them a call to try & save someone else a trip back, & chuck them for the extra next time I was in.

thomthumb
    Free Member

the SOs old man once phoned up an order then sent the wife out to collect. she got there, they claimed they didn’t know about it but made it there and then. when she came back with it he realised he’d sent her to the wrong place!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Had the same type of thing Tuesday at Birches Valley visitor centre…it was mental in there, got my bag of stuff and found an extra hot sausage roll and two cheaper price sandwiches in addition to the dearer ones I had paid for…….there was no way I was going back in to queue for them to be thrown straight in the bin so the family did the right thing and we enjoyed the freebie…..I also went in later and bought another few hot drinks too……put well over what I would normally spend in their tills over the day so feel no guilt, like I say they were disappearing up their own arses with a queue to the doors before during and after lunch.

DrJ

When I went in I intended to eat in but they showed me to a crap table so I decided to take it home instead.

Squidlord
    Free Member

When I went in I intended to eat in but they showed me to a crap table so I decided to take it home instead.

Sounds like you’ve gambled and won!

Smudger666

Yeah, I wouldn’t have gone back in the rain. If I’d been on the receiving end of your bag, I wouldn’t have been chuffed tho.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends on how chilli tolerant you and the other person are.

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve never been given the wrong takeout, because I don’t live in the US.

mattbee

Sounds like you may have got home from the chippy to find they have replaced the vinegar with piss though.

beagle
    Free Member

I’ve done this in the past with my local (which we’d used thrice in the last two years), turns out they like to supply a complimentary dish now and again. Use it more now (just say no kids)….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Moral Maze – given the wrong takeout!’ is closed to new replies.