Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Moral Dilemma on Twitter
  • SaxonRider

The ‘Who To Follow’ area on my Twitter feed has just suggested Nigel Farage and Douglas Carswell.

I think it may be because I follow Daniel Hannan, with the sole purpose to make contrary comment on the bullshit he posts.

The dilemma rests in whether or not I should do the same to those two ****s but risk them thinking they just got another admiring follower, or just leave well enough alone, and wish them bad things from afar?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Join in, same shit different colour.

wallop

You don’t need to follow them to reply to their posts, so why bother?

RustySpanner

Just ignore them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I follow a few people who’s politics I don’t agree with – used to also follow a few #WelshRugbhTwitter types but had to give up on them. It’s healthy to at least see the views of those outside my echo-chamber even if I’m never going to agree with them.

I don’t need to follow Farage or Hopkins. I see most things they tweet as RTs and quotes tweets anyway.

I also follow one person who loves a bit of Tommy Robinson and Anne Marie Walters. Hates immigrants, muslims etc. A bit like some of the RW nut-jobs here – partly for entertainment and also to see what proper looms are thinking.

EDIT:

but risk them thinking they just got another admiring follower,

I think the likes of Farage, Hopkins and other propagatirs of hate realise that not everyone who follows is an admirer. They do however monetise (indirectly) their following on Twitter which is why I wouldn’t add to their number.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Moral Dilemma on Twitter’ is closed to new replies.