• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Moraine singletrack – route choices
  • Carlos45
    Free Member

HI all,

I’m in Morzine (again) for a week this summer and have in mind to ride some of the usual single track routes. Based on articles in this forum I’ve found a few but had some questions on them with regard to the best options:-

1, Col De Cou / Arrete Berois – I’ve ridden this before.
    2 questions – is it worth riding / walking up to the actual col or should I skip the last part of the climb (which i did last time) and traverse over just before the top.
    Also, at the end of the ridge after the steep switchbacks where you hit the car park. Last time i went right down towards Barme then took the fireroad under the Cliffs. I see at the car park that you could go left instead crossing over one road then presumably taking the next one into Champery. Is this route any better than the Barme route?

2. Samoens descent / Le Bourgoise
    These seems to be mentioned a lot but I am a little puzzled, unless i’m mistaken whilst you can descend on the ridge until the road, crossing over the hairpins there appear to be a few options which eventually land you in Cessonex, it then looks like a bit of road trip across to Chantemerle before the last off road section into Samoens. The other alternative i have seen is descending off the main ridge (Bourgoise pt1 on strava) and ending up in La rosiere and then road it down to Chantemerle for the last off-road section. The latter seems to give more off-road riding but I don’t see it referred to as much.

3.Col De La Basse to Essert Romand
    The map I have shows 2 routes. Descending North East from the col, through Les Prez, you hit Sur Lachaud. At Sur Lachaud is it better to go North to Le Plan de Criou or continue East along the ridge and then descend NW to hit the path between Le Plan de Criou and Essert Romand

4 La Morzinette.I recall seeing a short video of this descent from Avoriaz. On the map it looks like a short climb out of Avoriaz followed by a traverse and descent to Morzinette. There appears to be fair degree of climbing in places before the descent. Has anyone ridden this route. Would be interesting in your views.

Obviously if anyone has other suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Carl

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Moraine singletrack – route choices’ is closed to new replies.