Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Moors Valley Country Park – pre opening access?
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m visiting family in the forest this weekend and I’m hoping to grab enough time to whip round the trail at moors valley park on Sunday morning. They don’t really open early enough for me, so is it possible to park elsewhere and use the trail or is it a fully secure site and I’ll just have to wait nicely at the gate until opening time?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

There are lay-bys around where you can park, access isn’t a problem.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Perfect. Just what I wanted to hear. Anything else local that’s worth stringing together, or shall I just stick with the spoon fed stuff.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I don’t really know any routes around the area. There were a few cheeky but short trails off the back of the skills area last time I was there.

Watch out for dog walkers.

Legoman
    Free Member

I reckon the car park’s open pretty early – last time I was there I arrived, did a couple of laps, packed up and left before the car park ticket machines were even switched on.

Plenty of parking in the residential areas close by if not.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Plenty of parking: Pub up the road, industrial estate.

Plenty of unofficial trails in the surrounding woods including Ringwood Forest the other side of the B3081.

DanW
    Free Member

I always used to park by the football pitches at Potterne Park off Verwood Road, North of Moors Valley. Didn’t used to have to pay but maybe the locals can advise?

Also, if anyone has some decent routes around the area would it be possible to email some ideas? I usually stick to the obvious stuff as I ride with family but if it is worth a solo ride some time that could be fun too 😀

xterramac
    Free Member

Yes,its free to park at Potterne park still, take the obvious tarmac path at the far end of the park and follow the signs for moors and you will be on the single track in 5mins. If your early enough, try doing a lap of the single track backwards, it flows quite well… other than that, heading up onto cranborne chase and win green is probably your best bet as its only 20min away from moors and you should be able to pull a good route off the web. cheers macca

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Well, I made it out with my brother for a quick spin. It’s a nice little trail, but only really works for the more experienced rider if you spank the crap out of it, much in the same way as you need to do with the Marin trail. Managed to drive hard enough to gets my brother to throw up at least!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Is that freeride area still there? With the wooden drops. That was fun!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Yeah, but the pine has gone slimy and there’s no grip at all!

scaredypants

but only really works for the more experienced rider if you spank the crap out of it

Nightrides there are good fun

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Moors Valley Country Park – pre opening access?’ is closed to new replies.