Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • moors and shore adventure cross………anyone.
  • ton

just entered my 1st cycling event in 7 years.
    the moors and shores adventure cross event. from Dalby forest. 60 miles of mixed terrain.
    should be good…..could be the last to finish 😀

bianchiboy
    Free Member

Doing the peak district one in July,a bit different & never ridden in that part of the world.
    What bike are you doing it on?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Looks good Ton and its my birthday the day before 🙂 … only prob is im in work that sunday! … time to see if i can book it off ?
    And u wont be last ton as ill be waay behind you

xyeti
    Free Member

Hmmmm, might be up for that, after not riding my X bike for nigh on 5 years I’ve not been off it for 3 Months, I’m not fit by any stretch but would love to enter into that, pretty nice scenery in that part of the world too.

Pyro

I’ll probably be working at Moors & Shores. Signed a chunk of the short route last year, very pleasant, especially down the coast. Some stiff climbs, but you’ll be grand!

ton

What bike are you doing it on?

hardtail 29er with some semi slicks. comfy….i wont be rushing.

bianchiboy
    Free Member

Cool just sounds the job,me too.

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

Did this last year with a couple of mates. Lovely route but the weather was attrotious. We had quite a few pinchies on our crossers. It all turned a bit comical towards then end when one of us started feeling unwell and another had zero pads left. So we were walking both up the hills and down them. We came in towards the end of the pack. Hoping for a faster time this year. Tubeless now as well.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Yep I’m in. Did Galloway last year and really enjoyed it so planning on most of them this year.

cjr61

Peak pioneer was good fun last year. I’ll be doing some more this year too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ton, I reckon you’d enjoy this –

Ride overnight, kebab/fish upper halfway…

There’s a couple of us doing it, should be good.

ton

nobeer……..just registered for that. might make a weekend of it and ride back to Carlisle too.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m doing the first two

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cool, I’ll keep an eye out for ye!.

northernmatt

Just been looking into this, going to sign up, got 2 months to regain some fitness.

Look for a bloke with specs and a ginger beard probably swearing as I’m guaranteed to forget something vitally important.

MoreCashThanDash

Mates did it last year. Was apparently the worst weather they’ve ridden in, and 3 punctures.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Double booked for that weekend sadly.

Looks ace.

Trekster

Mmmmmm, just bought myself a “gravel grinder” 😆

Local one is a wee bit close to wedding anniversary and possible holiday 🙄

The Galloway is a maybe, in Spain first weekend of Sept.

Kamakazie

These look good. Might try and do one of the later ones.

northernmatt

So less than one week to go and my plan to get some big rides in has not materialised. Done about 20 miles and didn’t manage to get a ride in over easter. Might have to to do the shorter route as I’ll have to drive back oop north afterwards.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Just registered for the Ride to the Sun too. See you guys there.

Pyro

We start putting the signage out on Thursday morning. Just hope the weather’s better than it was last weekend and at last year’s event!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good stuff Pete! See you there.

ton

Just registered for the Ride to the Sun too. See you guys there.

i know a fat bloke who might be doing this too.

Trekster

I`d forgotten about this 🙄 Not ridden further than 35mls this year and not for 2wks 😐
    Weekends plan is to head over to Osmotherly on Friday.
    I need to do some sweet talking 💡
    I would need parking for a (big) motorhome. How much at trailhead, does anybody know?

jerrys
    Free Member

For those of you who are doing it can you report back if the track over the Moor from where the route splits with the ‘massif’ heading North and the ‘mini massif’ heading south east to langdale end) will be okay on a Vaya loaded with touring kit, as I’m thinking of going this way in summer (Actually going up from langdale End to the Junction and then up to Whitby) or would I be better going Scarborough to Whitby up the cinder track (the ‘going south’ bit of the ‘massif’ ‘route).

Hope that makes sense. Cheers !

Pyro

How did people get on? Muddy in places but at least the weather got out nice later on. De-signing the Cinder Track in the afternoon was positively pleasant!

ton

I bottled it. plain old fashioned laziness.

northernmatt

I got there early so I could do the long route and not kill myself. The stodgy mud wasn’t too bad but what seemed like endless sloppy stuff got a bit tiring. The last climb back up into the forest from Hackness ended me, had to cut short the bit down the visitor centre and back. I was bloody ruined.

Bloody good fun though, probably be back next year but with some extra fitness.

thenorthwind

These have passed me by somehow. Pity, I could have done the Dalby one. Don’t think I can make any of the others.

I’m in for Ride to the Sun though. I’ll be the guy failing to contain stupid hair within a helmet.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I did the Dalby massif route on Sunday. Great day out. Muddy sections were good fun, and the route was excellent. Could have had more singletrack for my liking but that’s a minor grumble really.

Doing the Grizedale one next, the week after the Fred.

Trekster

ton – Member
    I bottled it. plain old fashioned laziness.

Ditto 🙄
    Took a look at the terrain around Osmotherly and decided the drive over to Dalby to ride on potential/certain sloppy tracks didn’t warrant the effort, not my idea of fun nowadays if I’m paying for it. Went for a burl on the Cleveland Way instead.
    The Lakes ones are “local” to me so will consider doing them. Galloway Gallop is my local(ish)

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

I did tha massif.it was my first time doing an event like this I found the mud at the beginning hard work and nearly quit at the point where the 2 routes split but kept going and really enjoyed it after that.the route was good I thought the section through the woods after the last feed station a pain in the @r$e too muddy for my tired legs and the last climb into the forest was a killer for me but on the whole a good day on the bike.the organisation was great and the feed stations were a godsend plenty of food and drink kept me going big thanks to everyone involved.I’ll be doing more of these in the future but am going to have to train a bit more and maybe try a different bike to make it a bit easier on myself was ok on my 5010 but think it would have been much easier on a xc 29er or cx bike.legs are aching a bit which is why I’m up at 3:25 in the morning writing this

jerrys
    Free Member

What is it like after the split going north? Suitable for loaded tourer?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘moors and shore adventure cross………anyone.’ is closed to new replies.