Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • moore large/american classic warranty
  • dave32
    Free Member

So I splashed out on their carbonater 29er wheelset in March, a few sessions round swinley then a jaunt to bpw get home to find 2 cracks in the rim. Had never even heard of Moore Large before having to go back to cycle surgery to try and get it sorted. Wheels been gone for a week now and I’m not gonna start abusing anyone, but just wondering if anyone has had dealings with them and how they got on?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Put the pitchfork away and ask cyclesurgery? Though a customer who chases invariably goes to my he back of the queue IME. A week is nothing

dave32
    Free Member

The pitch forks aren’t out!! It was a simple question of, if anyone had dealt with moore large..cheers for your helpful input tho.

trail_rat
    Free Member

moore large are massive.

usually importing low end bikes to be fair

They wont deal with a consumer though – they are a trade supplier and deal with the trade.

dave32
    Free Member

Yeah I found that out after cycle surgery told me it’d be quicker to sort it out myself!!

martymac

Ive had dealings with moore large a couple of times, ( as a retailer)
    No problems, they are a big company who’ve been going for a long time, I wouldn’t worry too much just yet.

shortcut

OK so I have managed to crack two Carbonator rims.

Number 1 was done by an airline we ended up on crash replacement for that as there was a clear side impact. I think it cost about £200/£250. The airline paid.

Next up a cracked the back one (probably on a sharp edge). This was done on Warranty with the support of my LBS.

I’ve been fine since.

dave32
    Free Member

Cheers shortcut, that’ll hopefully be the outcome for myself. Shame cause I really like the wheels.

trail_rat
    Free Member

shop shirking their responsibility right there.

shortcut

[quoteshop shirking their responsibility right there.[/quote]

Where is there a shop shirking their responsibility?

Surely – Cycle Surgery has sent the wheels back – outcome unknown (could be warranty, could be crash replacement….. it does need to be confirmed.).

In my instance all was sorted to my satisfaction.

The only real issue for anyone is time without wheels while stuff is being sorted out. Sadly that is a fact of life.

Sandwich

Dave 32 opined

Yeah I found that out after cycle surgery told me it’d be quicker to sort it out myself!!

That bit there, shortcut.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I pretty sure your warranty is with the shop not Moore large.
    But ive always had good service from moore large as a shop.
    And a week is a very short time in the cycle trade sadly

dave32
    Free Member

I’m not overly worried about the time scale, going on hols next week plus I have another bike I can ride or swap the wheels over, it was more a moore large thing as not being in the industry I have never heard of them. More trying to get a bit of piece of mind really that hopefully there will be a positive outcome.

dave32
    Free Member

So credit where credit is due,just over 2 weeks and rim replaced and wheel back to me. We’re all quick to knock when there bad but all was good on this one.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hmm, should I be worried now having got Carbinator rims? 😯 😀

Still got to be better than the two Crank Brothers I’ve had break.

Carbinator seems really nice. The AC hubs are lovely. Rims are the easiest to seat tubeless tyres I’ve ever had (though also the hardest to get the tyre over the rim to start with). Super light weight.

Good to know warranty service is good. And yes, warranty in UK by default is through the shop, but some are happy for you to deal direct with the distributor and distributor is happy to talk to you. Not all are.

shortcut

Rims are fine IF you keep your tyres appropriately inflated.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘moore large/american classic warranty’ is closed to new replies.