Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Moonpig scandal!
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Get a grip ffs !

One comment “the flowers turned up all mangled so I was forced to go to the garage and get some” if you live that close perhaps you should have taken them in the first place !

Pathetic really ! Get something decent to moan about – like me moaning about them moaning !

bruneep

?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Moonpig apologises for delayed Mother’s Day deliveries
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35740066

zippykona

We operate a company that is like a large internet delivery holding service.
    The goods have already been pre bought and are ready for 100% gauranteed collection in a matter of seconds. It’s called SELECT & COLLECT.
    We are called SHOP. It’s a fully interactive 360 degree experience , we even have our unique GIFT GEEKS at a help desk we call COUNTER.
    We expect the template to be rolled out country wide.

konabunny
    Free Member

2/10 rant. Becomes self-aware in course of rant, realises situational irony, fails to use sweary language.

jam-bo

A slow news day doesn’t make a scandal.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Journalist in “Bollox, forgotten mothers day!” shocker

slowoldman

We expect the template to be rolled out country wide.

Sounds like you need to make eye contact and interact with a fellow human being. I can’t see it catching on.

br
    Free Member

When I was in our local Florist buying flowers we were chatting about Moonpig/Interflora and the like.

There is so much cost involved that you’re bound to get less flowers or lower-quality. Far better to just call a florist local to where you want them delivering and order direct.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Well my eflorist order didn’t turn up with my mother yesterday either. Sent me an email at 1800 last night saying they couldn’t find a florist to make the delivery. Shower of incompetent poohawks.

Trimix
    Free Member

Or pop by the cemetery for free flowers.
    (in Vis top tip style)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sounds like you need to make eye contact and interact with a fellow human being. I can’t see it catching on.

Just take a leaf from the book of the guy I sat next to a few years back who in the run up to Mothers day would call the local florist and loudly in the open plan office recite with great detail the order and card details for the extravagant bouquet to be delivered to his mother that weekend. It’s not about the giving it’s about people making sure you know they gave…

batfink
    Free Member

I live exactly 17,030km away from my mother, and sent her flowers from her local garden centre. Web convenience and STW “supporting local business” smugness….. everyone’s a winner.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Or pop by the cemetery for free flowers

If you are lucky you may find a bunch tied to a roadside lamp post, railing, etc before you even get as far as the cemetery.

Dickyboy

If you are lucky you may find a bunch tied to a roadside lamp post, railing, etc before you even get as far as the cemetery.

Seemed to be loads left outside peoples front doors by couriers where I live 🙂

binners

Nothing expresses your love more than flowers from the 24 hour garage

Everyone knows this, surely?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Everyone knows this, surely?

A true gentleman would also throw in some Orange Matchmakers and a bag of BBQ charcoal.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7zUegHjOKM[/video]

Rubber_Buccaneer

I thought the ultimate expression of love was an early morning nudge in the back with a stiffy? Not for my mum though, I’m not from Norfolk.

wwaswas

The Norfolk Mother’s Day card;

(apparently genuine, although maybe not the Norfolk bit).

Changing Mothering Sunday to Monday would solve a lot of these delivery issues.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Changing Mothering Sunday to Monday would solve a lot of these delivery issues.

Though it would enormously narrow down the choice of eating establishment I could take my mother out to on my lunchtime. Don’t think she’d be too impressed with our canteen.

gonzy
    Free Member

crankrider
    Free Member

I was more annoyed by the sickly sweet voice of the bint then use in the radio adverts – Made my skin crawl.

And yea, if you want flowers for your mum just go to morrisons/tesco/sainsburys like everybody else.

Or heaven forbid go to the local florists and practice what all of us cyclists seem to want to preach about using the ‘local bike shop’.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@ Gonzy – crying with laughter. 😆

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Moonpig scandal!’ is closed to new replies.