• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MOONPIG ?
  • grynch
    Free Member

has anyone used Moonpig, the online card service thats advertised everytime I turn on the TV now.

spooky_b329

Received a couple of cards from them, seemed pretty good. Only downside is your message is printed rather than handwritten, though I think you might be able to get the cards sent to yourself for a personal message before you post them off?

grynch
    Free Member

thanks… I was thinking it sounded pretty impersonal, but maybe that would work, posting to myself first

JulianA
    Free Member

In which case wouldn’t it be cheaper and simpler to go and buy a card, write it yourself and put it in the post? Then it would be truly personalised…

grynch
    Free Member

yes but with Moonpig you get that really neat-O feature in which you can personalize your card in a totally non personal way.

neat eh?

djglover
    Free Member

I like it, got one of the mock magazine covers for my wife a few weeks ago with pictures of the new babys and she loved it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Actually moonpig is pretty good, theres some funny things on there. And as for going to the shops – the selection is absolute rubbish, in 3 card shops you get the same cards with the same variation on “its your birthday, you’re allowed to get w@nkered” or “you’re old, oh dear” and the front cover is either football or golf related.

Started making my own.

spooky_b329

But without a photo/customised joke/message on the front Julian.

JulianA
    Free Member

True, can see the points there!

IHN

They can’t be any worse than shop-bought cards which are, pretty much without exception, gash.

GrahamS

I used them a few times in the past and they were great for novelty value.

But ironically now that they are advertising on the telly and everyone has heard of them, they just aren’t very novel any more. So I probably won’t use them again.

Polly
    Free Member

i like the photograph ones, i have bought several large cards and given them to people with a frame – the quality is pretty good. I did my great aunt’s golden wedding card – enlarged a small wedding photo – uncle’s 70th again an enlargement, of my mum and himself as kids;

You could even make your own biking themed cards :0)

fbk
    Free Member

I’ve used them a lot – really good service and some great customizable cards.

Yes you can send them to yourself – works out cheaper if you’re ordering a few.

GrahamsS is right though – they are losing the novelty value these days 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MOONPIG ?’ is closed to new replies.