Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Moonglu wheel build – quality?
  • stimpy
    Free Member

As per the title, anyone got any experience on the quality of Moonglu’s wheel builds?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I wasn’t very impressed the quality of the rear on mine. After 3 days riding in the Alps on a brand new wheel, only 4 spokes had any tension at all. I’m surprised it didn’t collapse. That was a Hope Pro 2 and Stans flow. The front seems fine though and after the rear being rebuilt with a new rim by them and me upping the spoke tension a bit more, they’re both still being hammered on the hardtail.

allthepies
    Free Member

I had a couple of spokes come loose on a Stans 29er ArchEX rear after about 200 miles of tame XC. When I ordered the wheels the Moongtu guys were working crazy hours building up the wheels, perhaps quality took a dip as a result ? They offered to take the wheels back and re-true which was great of them but I just got the spoke key out and tweaked it myself.

I’ve read lots of stories of happy customers so perhaps myself and the previous poster were just unlucky.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Never had a wheel built but I’ve heard more good stories than bad, in fact the previous post is the only bad one!
    Good guys in Moonglu though.

Garry_Lager

V impressed here – been running a set of pro2s on an arch and a crest that moonglu built 2 yrs back. Absolutely spot on to this day.

Wouldn’t say I hammer them exactly, more give them a firm seeing to. Main bike, Peak riding, hefty rider.

ffej
    Free Member

Mine (Stans Flow on Hope Pro IIs) are still true after about 4 years and a few thousand miles. No complaints here.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

To be fair to the guys, they did sort me out when I got back, though. Even though it looked like I’d been trying to destroy it from the dents due to running a tubeless tyre a touch too low.

stimpy
    Free Member

Cheers guys, sounding good for me to pull the trigger on this then.

That’s christmas sorted for me!

neninja
    Free Member

Been running a Moonglu Arch/Hope wheel set for 3 years on my main bike. Never missed a beat and still true and well tensioned.

I would not hesitate to get Neil to build me another set.

shredder
    Free Member

Two sets here DT 240s on Flow Ex and Pro2 s to BOR no problems at all.
    Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Neil / Moonglu

swanny853

Arch EX/Hope about 9 months old now, has been down Stiniog on a hardtail and some fairly clumsy riding around the stanes and lakes, among others with never a spoke key needed. I’d buy again. The custom coloured rim stickers look pretty tempting too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Moonglu wheel build – quality?’ is closed to new replies.