Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Moon on a stick – West Yorkshire Trails
  • Sancho
    Free Member

bspoked, you can yes, but the woods around the quarry are full of trails ive spent whole afternoons there goofing around and the top section has some great jumps and downhill track, usually swept and kept in good nick by the locals.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

re Riddlesden, I don’t want to risk pi$$ing them off by promoting it on a public forum, especially as we are hoping shortly to be encouraging the main Riddlesden lads to work with us on another project in St.Ives. They are called the West Yorkshire Trail Militia on Facebook. I believe they like a ‘dig to ride’ approach. The ‘trails’ are a couple DH tracks/lines.

At some point in the near future SingletrAction/BMDC are hoping to build/get funding for a mini bike park in St Ives. The proposed ‘features’ will probably be more appropriate to the average trail rider than what is available at Riddlesden. 1st dig day is on 30 Sept at 9.30am at Harden Moor/Keighley Road Car park if anyone is interested. This section will be to join Altar Lane with Harden Moor via St Ives(cutting out the Keighley Road descent). For late arrivals we will be somewhere along the Fairfax Entrenchments.

More info will be on the SingletrAction forum or SingletrAction on Facebook.

bspoked
    Free Member

Cheers Sancho.

Simon

Been up Harden Moor and St Ives tonight, bit puddly but very little mud despite the downpour last night. Great to be doing some proper riding after 2 months off 8)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Good news Simon!

Me and Chris did Harden Moor a couple of weeks back after some torrential rain. Wasn’t too bad to be honest. Did some stuff over Flappit way and that was bordering on horrific!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Simon, we never got there on Sunday morning, faffing around in Cottingley Woods on new lines as usual.

Mugboo

Ssh, gobby!

mark_b
    Free Member

re Riddlesden, I don’t want to risk pi$$ing them off by promoting it on a public forum, especially as we are hoping shortly to be encouraging the main Riddlesden lads to work with us on another project in St.Ives. They are called the West Yorkshire Trail Militia on Facebook. I believe they like a ‘dig to ride’ approach. The ‘trails’ are a couple DH tracks/lines.

How does that work then given they are digging on some land that the council have provided for them?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That’s what I wondered Mark, basically I don’t suppose they can.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Moon on a stick – West Yorkshire Trails’ is closed to new replies.