Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Moon on a stick? Commuter helmet mounted light…
  • MrSparkle

… that has front and rear lights
    is rechargeable (ideally usb)
    doesn’t cost a fortune.
    Anybody?

prawny

Exposure link – bloody wicked.

zilog6128

There is a red micro LED thingy you can stick in the back of a Joystick, pretty good actually although obviously I wouldn’t have it (or any other helmet mounted light) as my only rear light!

EDIT: not seen the Link before, looks great!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yup, exposure link.

Or something like the Sirius with the red eye attachment.

stealthcat

Moon Aerolite.

More moon-on-a-helmet-mount than moon-on-a-stick, but I’ve had mine for about a year now and wouldn’t swap it for anything else as a “being seen” helmet light.

johnnystorm

Lezyne Macro Duo (I think), charges with micro-usb.

400/200/100/Flashing iirc and a Red flash/solid on the rear.

Helmet mount as good as an Exposure

Nearly as good as a diablo on an equivalent setting.

It’s about £60-70

Lezyne also do a Femto version. Won’t be as bright but lasts a claimed 60hrs on a CR2032!

Moses

I recommend a bike-mounted light.
    Car drivers and other users expect vehicle lights to be at a particular level above the ground, and (in my opinion) don’t register helmet lights as being from a vehicle – they get confused with other urban lighting.

MoreCashThanDash

Link here too

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have an Aerolite, as mentioned above, but it’s really only good as a backup light IMHO.

In fact, it rarely gets an outing these days. Either a Moon X500 or Exposure Sirius usually. One on helmet, one on bars for commuting, and the Sirius under my Garmin for gnarmac schralping.

As above, good lights on your bike, especially on the rear, and more is better than brighter.

Daffy

Joystick/Axis/Sirius/Diablo/Equinox with a Micro Red Eye for me.

twistedpencil

Link is good though occasionally I have to get all Basil Fawlty with it to turn it on.

MrSparkle

Cheers all. I already have bike mounted Front and rear lights but a head height one seem a useful addition to the collection.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I already have bike mounted Front and rear lights but a head height one seem a useful addition to the collection.

Assuming you have a decent front light, yes, a good rear helmet light can be a strong addition. For town use, I run two Moon Shields, one on the post, one on the helmet. For gnarmac day running, just one on the seatpost.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Moon on a stick? Commuter helmet mounted light…’ is closed to new replies.