Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Moon on a stick!
  • j40aja
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a new set of forks but to fit the frame/ front wheel I have at the moment I need something quite specific.

I searched loads of online shops but can’t seem to find exactlty the spec I want.

What I want is a set of,

Rockshox Reba 120mm 26″ wheel
    Preferably black
    15mm axel
    Crown lockout (turnkey)
    Tapered steerer
    RL or RLT but doesn’t really matter!

I’m starting to think they didn’t make the Reba 120mm travel with a tapered steerer with a crown mounted lockout!

Anyone know of any for sale anywhere?

I could easily get one with a 1″1/8th steerer and get a Hope crown race adapter but not ideal.

timb34
    Free Member

I think this has the lockout on the crown “Lock : On the tee “, but it’s in white:

http://www.alltricks.com/mtb/forks/forks-26-/rockshox-reba-rlt-2013-fork-26-120-mm-pivot-axis-15mm-conical-white-131-142951.html

(French shop – I’ve bought from them before).

They also have one in black with 120mm, 15mm axle, tapered steerer, but that appears to have remote lockout.

alanf
    Free Member

Is it still possible to do the conversion from remote to crown top adjuster?
    I did similar on a set of older pikes by detaching a spring in the internals.
    You can also sell the remote lever to recoup some pennies or maybe swap for a crown adjuster?
    I just left mine as the old remote type adjust and twiddle with that.
    It’s another option if you are struggling maybe?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I could easily get one with a 1″1/8th steerer and get a Hope crown race adapter but not ideal.

What’s not ideal about that?

tomhoward

why is remote lockout a bad thing?

iainc

i recently got a pair exactly as the OP is after, in RL guise. LBS ordered in from supplier though, and I had to wait a couple of weeks – seems rarer than hens teeth for that exact spec.

I didn’t want the remote lockout as had one a while ago and it kept getting gummed up with trail use. I eventually rplaced it with a crown top and used an online PeterPoddy guide to do it

j40aja
    Free Member

Cheers timb34, those white Rebas look good if they are crown lockout. Looking at descriptions of other Reba they definitely say remote rather than crown or turnkey.

The reason I don’t want 1″1/8 and use a reducer if possible is if I change my frame and it’s taper then it’ll be easier and I like the feel of a stiffer front end. Why have forks with a 15mm axel and narrower steerer?

Changing the lockout from remote to crown did cross my mind but just seems like extra expensive, I might need to look into costs and availability to see if it’s a viable option.

iainc

j40aja – the black ones I bought last month through LBS, which are crown top lockout, 15mm Maxle lite, tapered retail at £450 in the UK. The importer only got them into stock early August and when I was looking none of the online folk had them.

j40aja
    Free Member

Alltricks seem to have them.

I’ve e-mailed them to get them to confirm what lock on the tee means, but looks good price wise even with 16.99 euro delivery!

I have white forks at the moment but really want to stealth the bike with black forks as it’s a black anodised frame!

j40aja
    Free Member

Just ordered a set of Rebas through ALLtricks so many thanks to timb34 for spotting the white ones and posting the link.

The description of the lockout states on the tee which turns out is actually a crown mounted version, so managed to get them in black, 15mm axel, tapered steerer, 120mm travel and crown mounted lockout.

Exactly what I was after and all for £250 posted taking the exchange rate into account through Paypal. States 2 day delivery timescale on their site!

One happy bunny.

iainc

that is a serious bargain, well played. Mine, even after discount were no where near that good a price 😆

Superb fork BTW, just don’t believe the air pressure guidance sticker…

j40aja
    Free Member

Oh and they are the RLT version as I would’ve been happy enough with the RLs which is an added bonus.

Will have a set of forks to sell next once these arrive 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Moon on a stick!’ is closed to new replies.