Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Montane Prism/primaloft jacket losing loft?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

4 yr old jacket feels a bit cooler than previous…worth a tennis ball tumble dry…but do they lose loft/wear out?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yes, not as long lasting as down but if its anything like mine its probably been well used- reckon mines on 50p a wear or something like that now!!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yes, not as long lasting as down but if its anything like mine its probably been well used- reckon mines on 50p a wear or something like that now!!

matt_outandabout

Yes they do – my patagonia is 6 years in and just not as warm as it once was.

I have to say, I think I am heading back to a fleece with either softshell or windproof outer – less sweaty and longer lasting, and just cozier.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Maybe you need to tease the loft back into it by rubbing the wadding open?

ElShalimo

Primaloft does compress over time thus losing loft .
    It’s worth washing and drying to get the Pertex outer working

I have a much used and abused 11yr old Montane Solo that is a lot less insulating than it used to be but in real terms it’s not that much colder.

angeldust
    Free Member

Have you been storing it compressed? Don’t think it matters as much as with down, but probably doesn’t help.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I saw a comments on a forum once where the poster said that his old Rab primaloft jack was now just ‘prima’.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers. I’ll try to refresh it and see how it goers over winter.

Much prefer the lightness to a fleece+water/wind-proof.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Montane Prism/primaloft jacket losing loft?’ is closed to new replies.