Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Montane Kielder 100. Open for entries.
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

I noticed that the web site is now open for entries; if you think it's an event you could manage in 2010.
    I'm going back myself.
    I guess I'd better start training for some much longer rides in 2010 as I, like many others, struggled with the distance and I'd better be quicker too as 2010 looks to have its cut-off times enforced more rigorously.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Sorry!
    I did conduct a search on the site before posting this "public service" notice for both Kielder and Montane Kielder but this thread did not show up.
    Apologies for the duplication.

THEREFORE PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD.

uplink
    Free Member

No worries – another thread won't hurt

I've entered but have never been anywhere near 100 miles off road
    done a few 100+ road rides so hopefully I can drag myself through

Ti29er
    Free Member

I rode most of the race on my own.
    But then all my training is done on my own, so I'm comfortable with the solo aspect of motivating myself and pushing-on even though Watford doesn't provide much in the way of decent traing XC routes!

Even when I do shorten rides or decide on a simpler ride 1/2 way 'round a circuit (maybe 8% of my rides), strangely it always works out that it was the right decision; either my lights pack up, or the Heavens open up, or I get cramp, and then thank my Ride-Angel that I listened to her!

I think feeding and NOT running out of energy is vital for the event.
    This assumes you have the legs and mental fortitude for this distance &
    maybe by riding it, riders will only then know their abilities better.

In 2009 I was in a men's Vet pairs team that came 10th at Bonty 24. I rode 11 laps (it would have been 13 if my oppo' hadn't dozed off at 3am instead of riding!) I suggest to you that this was not a good enough level at that time of the year to finish this event in 2010.

Clocking up the miles is one thing, being quicker than I was in 2009 is another thing entirely. And I'll be 46 (and even uglier and fatter) next year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Montane Kielder 100. Open for entries.’ is closed to new replies.