Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Montane Featherlite Velo
  • Haze

Just torn the arm on mine, small L-shaped tear after I snagged it on a telegraph pole.

How repairable are they, or will it now leak forever?

jonb
    Free Member

I ripped mine in winter when I came off on ice. I stitched it back together and then used sticky nylon tent repair patches to cover the hole and keep it more windproof/water resistant. Has held up well since then but it’s not really rained on my commute much.

Drop the guys at montane an email and they can advise (to do exactly what I did!).

Haze

Have emailed them already so just waiting for an answer.

Cheers for the tip though – can’t remember the last time I sewed anything 😐

hicksville
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack but I was going to ask the STW are these jackets waterproof or not? Are they very breathable? are they quite fragile?

druidh
    Free Member

Showerproof, breathable, reasonably robust.

hillsplease

Pack down to naff all too. Means I take mine with me. Which is good.

druidh
    Free Member

My flouro yellow one is losing colour. I reckon it’s just bleaching out. The newer ones have vents in the rear too.

Oh – and they size up fairly big – if in doubt, choose the smaller size.

jonb
    Free Member

Waterproof ish. good enough for commutin, summer when it’s warm or if space/weight is a premium. Love mine, wear it more than my waterproof.

Haze

Haven’t found out about its waterproof properties yet, only had it as a present off my good lady for Christmas.

She’ll be happy 😳

grahamb
    Free Member

I did the same on my Montane Aero about 3 years ago, L shaped tear 2″ x 1″.
    Local outdoor shop recommended fixing it with “SeamGrip”. Costs about a fiver for loads more than you’ll need. The repair is done inside the garment so you barely notice the tear on the outside. Recommended.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Montane Featherlite Velo’ is closed to new replies.