Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mont Chery in Les-Gets
  • steffybhoy
    Free Member

I’m going back to les gets in 3 weeks time.
    Gonna be hopefully doing less run of the mill stuff, and concentrate more on stuff never done before.

Has anyone done the tour of Mont-Chery? And if so, what way is best to do it, clockwise/anticlockwise?

I would also be grateful if someone could reccommend other routes in the portes du soleil(excluding the main downhill routes)
    I will have the equivalent to an ordnance survey map of the area.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

pretty sure its clockwise in the guidebook. you can get an XC VTT route book from the tourism office if you havent already done so, theres another nice little loop that starts off under the Chavanne chair (goes up the fireroad to the right from the chavannes gondola station up to the Col de Joux Plain with all the TdeF markings, then bears right off the road). Like a cross between wales and the alps.

Rivett
    Free Member

Did it clockwise last year. Not a bad loop.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toppers3933
    Free Member

done it quite a few time in both directions. clockwise was always the best way. that was a good few years ago but cant imagine its changed a whole lot.

Ambrose

I have quite a few .gpx routes if that is of any help.

AFAIK there are two guidebooks to PDS available in english, as well as the little pamphlet you can get in the tourist office.

VTOPO Portes du soleil ISBN= 978-2-916972-09-1
    and the bikefax guide, Morzine & Portes du Soleil

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

Munge- how long/big is the climb from top of chavannes to col dejoux? looks a killer on the map.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve only done it once, clockwise. Nice ride. Hopefully do it again this year.

I have quite a few .gpx routes if that is of any help.

Can I have a copy? email in profile

Moonhead
    Free Member

It’s an easy XC ride, nothing too challenging and some really great viwes. Done it twice clockwise, I would say that is the best way.

Ambrose

No probs, anyone else? No-one? OK, sent to the only taker. Feel free to pass them on, with the proviso that I cannot vouch for the accuracy of Worlds Edge, I plotted it from the map/ air photo. I have walked but not ridden that route- beware of the bees!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

havent done it in a few years but its no worse than a decent UK climb, the whole loop is only a few hours.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

It’s ok, assuming the avalanche damage over winter hasn’t been too bad. Better xc-ish riding to be had if you take the chairs over to the Swiss side from Morzine and ride/chairlift it back. Ah, memories.

cheez0
    Free Member

Yes please ambrose, email in my profile too!

Ambrose

Geek mode alert

According to my logs it is a 40m altitude difference between the top of the Chavannes lift and the Col du Ranfolly, over approx 500m horizontal distance. It isn’t a problem.

I’m not too keen on the watertroughs climb later on though 🙁

big_scot_nanny

Ambrose, I’d like the GPXs too please, thanks!

Kev

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Ambrose, sorry for the delay. Could I please have some gpx files of the routes?
    Thanks Stephen.
    (stephenhamilton at talktalk.net)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mont Chery in Les-Gets’ is closed to new replies.