Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Monster/ Redbull etc – Do you?
  • khani
    Free Member

Me no likey.. 🙁 I can smell an open can in a room before I can see it, awful stuff…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Even if you ask for an extra shot!!! Nero’s it is from now on then

Aye, says on the blackboard menu something about always using 2 shots and if you’d prefer a single to ask. So if you ask for an extra shot you are getting 3 😀

randomjeremy
    Free Member

You’ve not lived until you’ve had a couple of cans of redbull and some cigarettes for breakfast – best hangover cure ever.

sobriety
    Free Member

I thought the best hangover cure was lucky strikes and more beer.

I used to bosh loads of energy drink with tequila/jager/vodka at uni on nights out, but avoid it now, unless it’s late, and I have a long way to drive…

supersaiyan
    Free Member

*Gak*

huh? I think redbull etc are far better for you, and legal too. I always keep one in the glovebox.

There’s an ice tea flavoured non carbonated one with b vitamins (relentless?) that’s palatable.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I do like the odd can. Sometimes I have it when I just want one and sometimes I have it when I’m feeling a bit tired. I prefer the taste of Monster but am happy to drink Red Bull

I like that they both support sports that I enjoy watching and participating in so therefore I would never but the cheap supermarket stuff.

Kit
    Free Member

This is what you need:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs[/video]

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I bought some when I needed to get up at 2 AM and drive back to the airport on holiday a few years ago, that’s the only sort of situation I’d actually seek them out. Very occasionally some will go down in a Jaegerbomb or something but that’s pretty much it- I’d never drink it as a substitute for Coke or something.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Energy drinks to me are a study in paradox. Their whole marketing spiel is based on danger or athleticism, preferably combined. Young men laughing in the face of death before posing for a photo in a flat peak cap and the talisman of a tube of sugary goodness clenched firmly in their hand.

The reality is that that only regular drinkers I know are soft pasty IT geeks, who equate athletic achievement with playing Halo for 15 hours straight, only pausing to relive themselves in the nearest waste paper basket. And their idea of an adrenalin rush is a five-knuckle shuffle in front of the TV with the lounge curtains open. They also complain about their “IBS” a lot. Usually while washing down a packet of Monster Munch with a pint of RelentlessMonsterBull.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ve never looked into it but i’ve heard on a few occasions that RedBul (amongst others) is banned in certain countries owing to the high levels of harmful additives.
    Taurine, I think, being one of them. Something to do with affecting the brain?

Still, probably no worse than Aspartame…

Incredible marketing.
    I only ever touch them when im in danger of falling asleep at the wheel, or getting hammered on Vodka (not very often).
    I actually like the flavour.

DrP

I shudder when on the train (on my morning commute) I see teenagers/”yoof” drinking a 500ml can of ‘full fat’ Monster/Relentless, whilst chomping on a Snickers….
    I blame video games……. 😉

DrP

DrP

On a side note – I might get some “Powerthirst” stickers made up for my bike!

DrP

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Never, and if final persuasion was ever needed, when at a clients premises (who have work on events for both RB & Monster) they moved a pallet of leaking cans – the concrete beneath had turned become extremely friable wherever the drink hadcome into contact with it, crumbling to dust with little effort.

Take a good look at the ingredients – regular use cannot be healthy.

I hate people who say stuff like that, good job my stomach isn’t lined with concreet! Have you seen the damage water does to a brick of salt? My god we shoudl stop drinking that too!

I’ve never looked into it but i’ve heard on a few occasions that RedBul (amongst others) is banned in certain countries owing to the high levels of harmful additives.
    Taurine, I think, being one of them. Something to do with affecting the brain?

Yep, plenty of countries ban alcohol on similar grounds.

It’s probably safe. The only recoded death from Red bull was a shift worker in mexico who died of an underlying heart condition after caneing a 4-pack of the stuff every night for several years.

Taff
    Free Member

I’ll have them in moderation if I’m pulling an all nighter at work but tend to stay away from them if they include alcohol as it give me heart palpitations

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve yet to find one that tastes good enough to make me want to drink it (though Irn Bru 32 came close). However, I keep a can of Red Bull in the car/van as an emergency pick-me-up in the event I am getting tired. I reckon it’s worth it to get me to the next services!!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Never, and if final persuasion was ever needed, when at a clients premises (who have work on events for both RB & Monster) they moved a pallet of leaking cans – the concrete beneath had turned become extremely friable wherever the drink hadcome into contact with it, crumbling to dust with little effort.

Take a good look at the ingredients – regular use cannot be healthy.

I hate people who say stuff like that, good job my stomach isn’t lined with concreet! Have you seen the damage water does to a brick of salt? My god we shoudl stop drinking that too!

Wow! Condemned to be a figure of hate for a comment on STW about a fizzy drink – a touch harsh IMO!

Not sure that bricks of salt are renown for their strength in compression and therefore used widely in construction. I was just pointing out the ability of this noxious goo to completely destroy the inherent properties of a material simply by it coming into contact with a concrete pad. Sorry if this offended your sensibilities! 🙄

DrP

Lay off the Red Bull lads, it’s getting tetchy in here…..

DrP

bikebouy
    Free Member

Vom in a can that stuff (both brands, and others I suspect)

I’ve ran some pretty big sailing events in my time and gaining sponsors for these events was made much easier when you attach the words “extreme sports” to them. That brings with it huge money and truck loads of free drink and handout goodies for prizes and medja exposure etc.
    So on one hand I’m biting the hand that feeds me and on the other I’m pooring the stuff down the drain*

*though I suspect that’s illegal on some level or other..

To those putting money into any sport (RB etc..) many thanks, the sport(s) loves you.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Monster/ Redbull etc – Do you?’ is closed to new replies.