Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Monster Miles
  • rubymurry
    Free Member

Anyone doing or done monster miles keswick tomorrow, wondering whether to use camelback or bottles

Trekster

I would go for both. Water in Camelbak, energy drink of choice in bottle with spare tablets/powder for topping up at checkpoints.
    Done a fair bit of that route in the past.
    Only saw the advert today so something to try next year 💡

velocipede
    Free Member

How did you do? 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rubymurry
    Free Member

Really well or better than I thought I would, just lookin at your CX bike at the moment may be interested where you based?

rubymurry
    Free Member

Did it with just one bottle on my CX but drunk a load before setting off down 3 gels before first feed and loaded up on coconut and flapjacks at food stop, cracking route probably going to book the series for next year. Looking for a better CX bike now with discs

velocipede
    Free Member

I’m based in Cheshire – near Delamere Forest.

I did the Monster on the Giant this year – I’ve ridden all three (y1 on Spesh cross bike, y2 on Spesh 29er) – managed to get comfortably under 5 hours with 4.45 ride time (5.20 full official time – shows how much time I needed to refuel at the stops – plus punctured on way to second feed). This was around 25 mins quicker than y2 and a good hour and a half quicker than the first year.

I think it’s the best event of the year to be honest!

I’m taking a big hit on it, but I’m looking to free some cash for the next purchase!! email addy is in my profile if the bike’s any good to you…. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Monster Miles’ is closed to new replies.