Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mongoose Teocali weight?
  • brad93
    Free Member

Hi, just wondering what the weight of a teocali comp 09 is?

I read someone before that with the standard parts listed in the link below, it came in around 33lbs.

What do you guys consider to be a good weight for a full susser? I’m tempted to put some parts from my hardtail on it to see if I can make it a bit light because I do really enjoy riding it but it is a little heavy sometimes.

Cheers

woody2000

I had an 09 teocali super, no way was it 33lbs. I’ve just built a Nicolai frame with all the parts from the teocali and that weighs 32lbs with a heavier frame.

iolo
    Free Member

Stand on bathroom scales.
    Write down your weight (a).
    Pick up bike.
    Stand on bathroom scales.
    Write down this weight (b).
    Do this mathematical equation.
    b-a= weight of your bike

brad93
    Free Member

iolo, I never thought about using the bathroom scales haha

TimP
    Free Member

Mine is set up with revs, hope/Superstar wheels, and old LX/ Deore kit, so not super light but probably lighter than your stock bike and it is great. It was not as light as an Yeti 575, but not far off a 5 Spot when comparing with mates. I am never first up a climb regardless of bike, but it is a lot of fun coming down and it certainly doesn’t hinder me!

brad93
    Free Member

I’m tempted to put my 130mm revelations on it with my stans crest tubeless wheelset. I will see haha

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sub 150mm? Under 30 without trying 26-28 is what I’m aiming for
    160/170mm should be good to sub 32 and still be robust.

My 160 front/140 rear comes in at about 28lb

dmilling74
    Free Member

Did you ever fit the offset bushes to your teocali woody? And did they alter the head angle as expected. 🙂

woody2000

I didn’t – bought the kit but never got round to fitting them. Still got the kit though if you fancy buying it? 😉

dmilling74
    Free Member

I might be buying a cheap 06 teocali frameset for a bit of a project. If it happens I will definitely be interested in them. I’ll ley you know woody.

brad93
    Free Member

Also just one more question. Does the Teocali Super frame weigh less than the Comp? or is it literally just a different colour? haha

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mongoose Teocali weight?’ is closed to new replies.