Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mongoose Canaan
  • sing1etrack

I’ve been looking at 4″ full susses and these look quite a good value purchase and seem to tick most of the boxes – they’re something of an unknown to me though – has anyone on here any experience? I’d probably be looking at the 08 Comp model and swap the forks for something a bit nicer and possibly slightly longer than the Toras. Anyone else done this? Cheers!

woody2000

I’ve had one for a couple of months, it’s a great little bike. Bit of a speculative purchase really, but it’s been one of my best 🙂

Rides really well, great traction even with the small block 8s and I haven’t felt short changed in the travel dept.

I’ve only changed bars/stem/seatpost as everything else is spot on – even the Toras. It’s pretty slack for a short travel bike, longer forks wouldn’t suit it IMO, think they’d make it too slack.

Only problem I’ve hd so far is the back end developed a bit of slop in the bushes/bearings after a few rides, but it’s soon been sorted with an allen key! It does collect crap in the linkages as it’s pretty complicated, but it hoses off reasonably well.

£685 well spent IMO (Pauls Cycles)

If you’re anywhere nr Leeds you’re welcome to swing a leg over it, just drop me an email

sing1etrack

Nice one, thanks for the comments. It was Paul’s I’d seen it at, seems to good to be true though in a way! Could well be £685 spent this weekend. I’m near Middlesbrough so not far from Leeds but no plans for a trip down that way but thanks for the offer! I’d be interested to know what size you’ve got and what height you are though? I’m just over 6ft and was thinking large.

woody2000

I’m 5’8ish and I got a small mate, I do like my bikes on the small side though. Large would probably be ok for you I guess

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mongoose Canaan’ is closed to new replies.