Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Money transfers ?
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

if someone money transfers cash into your account how long does it take to show up in the account
    I thought its direct ?
    Am i wrong please help >/';'

sonic
    Free Member

i think my bank says it does it within 5 days.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mine was instant when I had dosh transferred into my account. The person doing the transfer had internet banking – he told me he had done it, I went to the ATM and it was there

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Depends if the bank is on the faster payment system, if so should be within 2 hours, if not 3-4 working days.

From memory Nat West and Abbey are not on the faster payments scheme, at least not all their accounts. RBS HBOS(Loyds Group) all are.

Hope that helps!

Oggles
    Free Member

If it's the same bank it should be immediate.
    Between banks can take up to 3 days in my experience.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what bank jonny? to what bank?

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Just finding out what the guys bank is pal..

lord
    Free Member

halifax took 3 days !

mushrooms
    Free Member

It's less than 2 hour most of the time now.

Northwind

Depends on a lot of things… Like with Halifax or Bank of Scotland accounts, as long as the payment is going to a faster-payment-receiving bank, and it's not going from certain bank accounts (savings accs mainly, some restricted use current accs) and all the systems are working properly (less said about that the better… Though if they're not, it's worth just not sending it because the outages are short) and it's under £500 (because they don't trust it for bigger payments), it'll go faster payments and be there in under 2 hours, normally almost immediate. But if you run into one of those exceptions it breaks, and goes by BACS.

Oh, also some accounts- mainly building societies and former building societies- delay crediting the destination account by up to (er, I think) 2 days.

tinribz
    Free Member

If they take cash to a branch your in it's instant, else usual cheque clearing time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Money transfers ?’ is closed to new replies.