Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)
  • Money no object, what car?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I saw one of the DB4GT Zagatos at an exhibition in Portland OR a couple of years ago. It was drooltastic.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Double post

singlecrack
    Free Member
    dangerousbeans
    Free Member

joolsburger – I had forgotten how lovely the Ace actually was, although I do still like it’s muscly big bother as well.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

IOf it’s a 4×4 you’re after thern its gotta be a g wagon

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

McMoonter, that’s a stunner! What is it?

amplebrew
    mcmoonter
    Free Member

McMoonter, that’s a stunner! What is it?

Woolf Barnato’s Blue Train Bentley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Train_Bentley

midlifecrashes

Always loved a big Healey, but Stoner’s dad has got there first tonight. I’d have mine in ice blue over OE white though. So if I had to choose another:

Isn’t McM’s a Bugatti, would love one for the style, or a big Hispano-Suiza. If I had to go Yank, either a Cord or a Delahaye. One car is as daft as one bike.

Edit: cross posting with McM, it’s a big Bentley

CountZero

Damn, just one? If it had to be one car, it would have to have practicality as well as being quick, and the new Range Rover Sport pretty much ticks all the boxes.
    If not, then the Sport, that MAN expedition truck for jaunts abroad, and maybe that Mono single-seater that Top Gear had round their track for shits and giggles. 😀
    I might be tempted by this, the Audi Nanuk:

5.0ltr V10 diesel, 540bhp, and 1000Nm of torques.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Feels very stupid for not knowing*

stevied
    Free Member

twohats
    Free Member

tonyg2003

Probably the Ferrari FF for me. A friend has one and it’s a lovely thing. You can fit a bike in the back too.

mega
    Free Member

old or new one – i’m not fussy

ska-49
    Free Member

CountZero

The Alfa 8C above is certainly damn sexy, and I could quite covet one of those, too. Beautiful car ‘in the flesh’, as it were, too.
    Of course, if money was truly no object, then this little beauty:

The plate alone would probably fetch the price of a decent house, but after owning the car for forty years, I’m sure it’s current owner would be very reluctant to part with the car. Difficult to imagine what it would fetch, really, with its history; a similar one, in metallic green, built for, but never driven by, Sir Stirling Moss, and never placing at Le Mans, went for $35 million, apparently.
    It’s owner also has an 8C, too. As well as the yellow racing Daytona behind…

epicyclo

I was going to say a Morris Minor Estate on Jag running gear, but CFH has found the car I need

only I want it as a kit and with one of those nice supercharged boxer 2 stroke truck motors…

Oh, and in BRG until next Sept, at which point it would be painted Ecurie Ecosse blue…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    *Feels very stupid for not knowing*

Is surprised you were not related 😉

stevied
    Free Member

CZ: I ‘cruised’ alongside one for a few miles in M6 traffic a while ago..stunning car. The driver seemed quite happy to be alongside my 159ti too, gave me a hearty flash as he floored it when the traffic cleared…the barsteward 😉

xiphon
    Free Member

Ferrari 360 Spyder (honestly!! Love them!)

Daffy

Currently? Porsche 911 Turbo S. 560bhp, 0-62 in 3.1s, 0-120 in 8.3s 198mph top speed, 30mpg and £260 tax and 4 seats.

Seriously, what more could you want?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

McM, I have one fairly well known aristocratic racing driver in the family line, but not him!

Epicyclo, if you resprayed that, I would have to hunt you down and kill you to death!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Couldn’t narrow it down to just one.
    I’d have a Lexus LFA for the sound
    A Jaguar XJ220 for the looks
    A Bugatti Veyron Super Sport for the speed
    An Aston Martin Rapide custom built estate for practicality
    A Ford Sierra Mk1 XR4i (not 4×4) just because I could
    Probably loads more, but that’ll do for now.

unknown
    Free Member

Citroen DS. Or maybe either a coupe or cabriolet Traction Avant. All other answers are incorrect. Except 205 Mi16 – I’d settle for one of them.

righog
    Free Member

I would be considering this

But would probably buy this

Pieface

It would be my ’96 Seat Ibiza with a couple of mis-matched panels, rusty wheel arches, plastic hub caps etc.

Underneath the bonnet I’d shoe-horn the biggest engine I could find, with the biggest turbo i could find, with the biggest NOX injectors I could find, uprate the brakes and suspension to the extent that it would give anything else on the road a run for its money.

Or a Citroen C4 Picasso

porter_jamie

wanting a stock production car is a slight lack of imagination perhaps?

chopped roller.

CountZero

Stevied, it wasn’t this one, was it?

Yum!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Sorry it’s not an Ace it’s a Ferarri 212 Barchetta but the Ace is a beautiful car too!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That Alpha is gorgeous! Except it would conk out every 5 minutes, which is a shame.

This for me,

2014-audi-rs6-avant-photo-505296-s-1280×782 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

I need to be able to get the bike & plenty beach fishing gear in as well.

Speeder

And I’d use it every day

johndoh
    Free Member

Essel – not quite the RS6, but I got my new car today – a 3.0 tdi V6 s-Tronic S-Line Black edition A6 about 4 hours ago 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

As a kid I always wanted an EB110… Would be tempted to scratch that itch rather than the VW Corrado I always liked the shape of… Then again, a TVR Tuscan…

No, the Bugatti.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Essel – not quite the RS6, but I got my new car today – a 3.0 tdi V6 s-Tronic S-Line Black edition A6 about 4 hours ago

Did you pay cash for it? Cos if you didn’t, I’m not even slightly impressed. & if It’s a company/lease car then I’m even less impressed.

Crell
    Free Member

Tracker – I didn’t think for a minute anyone would pick that, but that’s my fave as well, though is SS guise for me. I’ve been in one but never got the chance to drive it 🙁

scuzz
    Free Member

Did you pay cash for it?

Handbags!

Go on then 😉

benji
    Free Member

Having had the priviledge of driving numerous Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins and Maseratis in the name of work, wouldn’t want any of them, so impractical and the amount of looking at from people, not to mention the constatnt camera phones, they just aren’t my bag.

So it would have to be a derestricted M5 touring, very capable and space to move a bike or two.

johndoh
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Essel – not quite the RS6, but I got my new car today – a 3.0 tdi V6 s-Tronic S-Line Black edition A6 about 4 hours ago

Did you pay cash for it? Cos if you didn’t, I’m not even slightly impressed. & if It’s a company/lease car then I’m even less impressed.
    POSTED 28 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

It’s leased. I am relieved I wasn’t trying to impress you, I’m just excited.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Something along these lines for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Money no object, what car?’ is closed to new replies.