Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Money no object, what bike would you buy?
  • tomhoward

Impressed at that Intense M16 – after years of development andevolvingg their designs, they finally arrived at the V10

😆

Probably a blinged up 5010 or a similarly specced Nomad.

Oh, wait…

brakes
    Free Member

I’d get Gary Klein to make me a custom fit version of the Klein Adroit that looked just like the 90s version but had modern tech and geometry, and had suspension forks but somehow looked exactly like the original fork.

Jeffus
    Free Member

New P7

woodster

Tweak the spec upwards a touch, swap the forks for the green ones and I’d be pretty happy with this.

schmiken

Scott Spark 700 with Di2.

rickmeister

Much as I would love a HD3 carbon evrything, in reality for where I live and year round riding …

brakes
    Free Member

woodster, what is that?

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

woodster, what is that?

Antidote CarbonJack

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’d get nicolai to make me an ASR layout 5in travel 29er. In ano orange.

ads678

Orange Alpine 160 in charcoal grey with loads orange hope bits.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

For me it would be this. Even if I only stick on the wall and look at it.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Why not 🙂

swanny853

As last time, either a very tricked out ti version of my solaris, or something in the mach 429 trail, spearfish/horsethief or tallboy carbon marathon wonderbike department

2unfit2ride
    Free Member
    ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Turner RFX, full SRAM 1×11, Fox 36s and some Enve wheels or one of the new Knolly Warden carbons with the same spec.

WildHunter2009

Santa Cruz V10 with all the bells and whistles. Always wanted a nice DH bike. Otherwise a custom proper touring bike like my Dawes Super Galaxy but betterer.

takisawa2

My SIR.9, but in 953 stainless, with the back spaced for 29+.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

That Nomad with all the HOPE goodies from STW the other day. Perhaps the odd component tweak but pretty much how it was.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Some kinda custom built full suss bike built with carbon and titanium and as much ti and carbon as I could pour into it components wise.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Money no object? It would be goodbye car – hello pedelec cargo-bike. Yuba Spicy Curry along with a couple of extra batteries should do it.

[video]http://youtu.be/44QeMdPNQh8[/video]

simonside
    Free Member

Strangeley it wouldnt be a complete bike….why, because I`m happy with everything thats on it, however, I would have a carbon version of the same,and swap all the stuff over making a relatively inexpensive upgrade, and spend the rest on bike trips in the Alps…. 🙂

stewartc
    Free Member

Probably stick with my existing bikes, can’t think what I would gain?

chakaping
    Free Member

Santa Cruz V10 with all the bells and whistles. Always wanted a nice DH bike. Otherwise a custom proper touring bike like my Dawes Super Galaxy but betterer.

You win the prize for most-flexible imaginary bike buyer.

tang
    Free Member

Ibis ripley, xtr, enve

fettlin

I’ve always lamented the fact that SC don’t do carbon single pivot bikes, so I’d commission some carbon wizards (SC themselves!?) to build a bantam-esque 5 inch travel single pivot trail bike, raise the bb 1/2inch, all with a frame wheight less than 5lbs.
    Cover in off the shelf component bling to keep the wheight down, 11spd shimano to taste and then ride.

wallop

I wouldn’t change the bike I have at the moment (5010) but I’d love a go on a V10.

mintimperial

belugabob
    Free Member

I’ve not really got an ‘ultimate dream bike’ but, if I lived nearer to work, and had the cash spare, I could be tempted by one of these…

Spot brand Acme

lapdog
    Free Member

A lot of dull choices up there.

For me a custom Moonman.

matt_outandabout

Orange Segment Factory or Cannondale habit.
    After test riding to decide which.

egb81
    Free Member

I’ve always fancied a top specced Stanton Switchback Ti. FS wise, probably a Yeti or Ibis. Road bike, custom Italian carbon frame with di2 and wheels that cost more than my house.

aP
    Free Member

Copy the frame of my Merlin CR64 with a couple of minor changes – ports and routing for EPS, wider clearance at the chain stays and functionality for future disc use (once Campag release their Brembo discs). In 6/4 again, obviously.
    Or a new version of the classic Blur – one of my favourite bikes until it broke.

mos

A tandem with Jennifer Lopez on the front.

gaz552
    Free Member

Hob Nob – Member
    Carbon Patrol
    Push 11-6 shock, super light alloy spring
    Fox 36 with Avalanche OB cartridge
    XTR Di2 1×11 with XX1 cassette
    Hope E4 Race brakes
    Enve bars & 50mm stem
    Reverb Stealth
    Spec Romin Pro
    DT 240’s hubs – EX471 rims – Supercomp spokes (no carbon wheels, keep breaking them)
    That will do nicely.

Well hob nob pretty much nailed what I’d try, though I’d probably go with Chris King hubs (or one of those fancy instant pickup clutched hubs), and renthal rather than enve handlebars as I’m used to their shape.

I actually wouldn’t have thought of the Di2 with the sram 11 speed cassette but it would be nice to try.

tazzymtb

Custom titanium 29+ from oddity cycles as burnsey makes awesome bikes

shifter
    Free Member

[if I can drag myself away from the pic of Tina Spoon on page 0ne…]

Nicolai Ion GPI

chakaping
    Free Member

Actually I’d probably get some ludicrously expensive custom carbon road bike with digital Dura Ace, wheels that cost more than my van and swanky carbon finishing kit.

Good mountain bikes are very affordable by comparison.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I really like the look of the OPEN U.P. Recently seen at Eurobike and looking lovely and could tell co all my off-road road wants and needs in one package. Need to see one in the flesh be t looking mighty in Orange. Great designer too….

Thing is is not a money no object, cash in the bank waiting..

Maybe Parlees new Altium with some 202’s on and SRAM red , like the idea as I’ve still got my old Z5. Or maybe Colnagos VR1..

All not really dream bikes as wholly attainable ….

Rubber_Buccaneer

I really like the look of the Kingdom Vendetta 2 and nostalgia made me consider a pace RC127 but although I could have anything I wanted if I really wanted it (by sacrificing everything else) I bought a Bird Zero frame because I think it is what I want and it is nice to have a bike that you can use without a care. I suppose at my age dreams have given way to pragmatism. I have a pace RC200F3 in the shed, it was my whole world when I was in my early twenties.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Something made from Columbus’s new Columbus Max tubing, it’s the same shapes as during the 90’s but is in a better metal (it’s possibly not on their website but a frame builder was talking about it on his page somewhere on the internet), complete with chrome lugs and chrome fork chain and seat stay ends, with disc brakes and in a nice deep cherry red colour, with some super high end Fulcrum wheels on ceramic bearings, with a titanium Campagnolo seat post, and shiny Nitto ahead set type stem and matching handle bars, and polished Campagnolo Athena 11 Speed group set with the anodising removed down to the bare metal, and the Campag shield logo engraved onto all the parts.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Money no object, what bike would you buy?’ is closed to new replies.