• This topic has 88 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by dano.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Money no object?
  • tootin

So what would you get if you had unlimited funds? Pics would be nice,
    I'll start: Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL

sc-xc

If you ever do win the lottery…can I suggest you get your eyes fixed by a good optician before you buy any bikes? 😉

bikerbruce
    Free Member

call for njee to the foruum floor…..

tootin

😕 what would you get then!

yetiguy
    Free Member

Dude you need to set your eyes higher than a trek ! 😯

Admittedly nice bike but there are so many boutique brands out there that have passion and soul are not mass produced

epicsteve
    Free Member

Indy Fab Ti Deluxe, although the latest Carbon Epic would also have my wallet twitching.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

always had a soft spot for these. if money was no object i would super pimp it with hope m4s and dt rims saint cranks mechs and fox van 36

sc-xc

tootin – Member

what would you get then!

take your pick…

stoat

😉

tonyg2003

storch with matching road bike.

Pickers

I'd have some time to go and ride the damn things.

simonk
    Free Member

+1 Pickers get my fitness back 🙁

If i had unlimited money…..a nice Titanium Hardtail with carbon rigids with XT gruppo and king/ thompson finishing kit, nothing flash just a good solid performer.
    and a nice road bike in steel or Ti that will take a full set of mudguards and racks

thomthumb
    Free Member

wouldn't limit to one!

surley pugglsey – or a moots version

ti hardtail 29er
    superlightweight 29er rigid SS

ti road bike
    ti cross bike.

ah i'd just buy kent eriksen to be my personal builder 🙂

ampthill

Now doupt about it if I win the lottery the next bike will have disc brakes.

I fancy an air fork

seriously

I think I'd have to have a bike made, probably by Dave Yates

My random thought in town today is that when I'm a Billionaire I'll set up a custom service with a geometry test centre. Loads of bikes you can demo with inserts for different head angles. We'd also offer different top tube lenthgs. By changing fork length we could also let people try different bottom brackey heights. Seat angle would be via post and saddle rail adjustment. We'd have a huge stem bin as well. £50 for half a day. Free if you order a frame

sorry for letting you into my world

monkeychild
    Free Member

A Choccy brown Pompy with one of those new fixed Alfine hubs (Sorry I love my Pompino)
    Some kind of titanium singlespeed (prob a Moots) with carbon rigids and one with suspension forks
    Some kind of 1×9 hardtail
    Think that would do me nicely 🙂

tootin

Barry Bethel you may just have changed my mind!

woody2000

One of these, just for the subdued colour scheme!

coogan
    Free Member

I'd probably have what I've got. Maybe change the odd bit, but they'd be pretty much exactly the same.

carbon337
    Free Member

off to mondraker site now….. what model is that? Stunning

woody2000

Dune XR

ton

don't want to sound like a k nob, but i can have whatever bike i want.
    the problem is that i am so indecesive that i do not know what i want.

29rs suit my build, but i have a yearning to blast down stuff, so tough 26rs come into the mix.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

avdave2

If you don't want to sound like a k nob it might be an idea not to say the sort of thing that a k nob might say. 🙂

ton

avdave2 – Member
    If you don't want to sound like a k nob it might be an idea not to say the sort of thing that a k nob might say.

and what have i said…..
    i was stating the truth…

steve_b77
    Free Member

One of these in Super Spec.

And a sooper fancy roadie with leccy shimano shifters and all that stuff

pinches
    Free Member

i'd certainly be having a fully custom geo nicolai.

schmiken

Ghost HTX Lector and Scapin hardtail with SRAMM XX.

stew1982
    Free Member

at least 10 bikes! and a super duper (heated) and fully tooled up bike "shed"

stew1982
    Free Member

PLus my own mountain!

IA

Nicolai Ion gboxx 2, with a proper nice spec on it.

£4.1k for the frame, money would have to be no object!

AJ
    Free Member

Erm this
    Oh iwill have it in erm…..22 months and 12 days

BadlyWiredDog

Admittedly nice bike but there are so many boutique brands out there that have passion and soul are not mass produced

That's w**k really isn't it. 'Passion and soul' are just qualities you've projected onto a selection of metal tubes and various components. The passion and soul stuff's in you, not your bike.

Bregante

'Passion and soul' are just qualities you've projected onto a selection of metal tubes and various components. The passion and soul stuff's in you, not your bike.

fine speech

nonk
    Free Member

well said that man.

ton

i agree, they are just bikes, buy it, try it and if it does not feel right, sell it.
    it can be a £100 work bike, and it can feel like the best bike in the world, if you passion for it is there..

onewheeltoofew
    Free Member

What would i buy? Enough lessons to do my bike justice…

Mackem

Something hand-built, where i work with builder one-on-one.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Easily one of these, but i'd have to take the gears off it! I used to have a Taurine singlespeeded and i deeply regret selling it…

Oh, and i would buy out commencal and dump all of their stock in the middle of the atlantic.

shortbaldone
    Free Member

a harley
    without doubt, leave my indy in the shed!
    and enough time to take it across the globe
    pref with a hot bitch on the back
    (think that is the term used for a nice lady who is fond of motorbikes and ok with the shaag thing)

langy
    Free Member

One of anything I like the look/idea of – Ti, Carbon, road, CX, MTB, whatever. Keep what I enjoy riding, sell/give-away the rest.

A big chunk of land with rolling hills, woods, open space etc and a lake with s bit of sandy/beachy shore to it and get a few diff people to come a build a variety of trails for me; someone to build some techy north shore style stuff, someone for some fun DJs and pump track, someone for some sweet flowy singletrack, someone for some hero DH tracks.

A big enviro-focused shed/chalet to hang out and have all the bikes in, etc fully decked out with everything I'd ever need.

A whole heap of coaching to get me some rAd sKillZ on the bike and to fix the bikes all back up when those skills let me down or to fettle if I don't wanna actaully ride.

Then repeat but the Ski version.

Then repeat again but the ocean/beach version.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Money no object?’ is closed to new replies.