Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Money claim online & Ebay – experience / opinions!
  • djglover
    Free Member

I listed my car for sale on ebay in an auction starting at 1p, the car reached a satisfactory level and the buyer said they would collect the car today, subject to sale of their own car.

They have gone quiet on me now, so I am presuming their buyer pulled out.

problem is I could do with the cash as part payment on the car I have bought and am collecting next week so my current thinking is

Sell the car at webuyanycar.com and issue a small claim against the bidder for losses on the difference c£700 + fees and costs.

Any experience of this process, or any critique of the plan, from experts or armchair experts alike?!

dooosuk
    Free Member

You’ll never make the Ebay buyer pay up.

djglover
    Free Member

Threat of a CCJ might help things along though?

dooosuk
    Free Member

If you like wasting your time, go for it.

Just relist on Ebay on a one day or 3 day aution.

paulwf

Just list the car as a classified ad, that way if people are interested they can come and buy it straight away. The few times I have tried an auction the sale has never gone through (in fact I don’t think on any occasion did the person even come and look at it)

solamanda
    Free Member

Relist it ASAP. All the other people who were watching or put in a bid on the car will be informed it has been relisted. If you wait those people might find another car.

If you are in a rush you could put it on a 3 day listing but start it at 10-20% less than the price it reached in the first auction to get it going faster.

I had similar when selling a high end bike recently and did exactly as above and got the same price.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Money claim online & Ebay – experience / opinions!’ is closed to new replies.