Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mondraker in the UK? Robustness (mud!) and support?
  • maxtorque

Anyone ride a mondraker?

How do you find it? I’m thinking about the ability to withstand mud and crap (bearing life, paint durability etc) and what about support / spares etc?

Currently riding a Lapierre, so i’m used to having to maintain a bike…… 😉

maxtorque

No one?

drovercycles
    Free Member

We’ve been selling them for a couple of years and one of our team has just bought himself a Dune carbon – so would be able to give more detailed insight into bearing life etc in a year or so!

From what we’ve seen, ability to withstand mud and crap is certainly no worse than other overseas brands. UK brands like Orange are probably unbeatable in this respect, but it’d certainly not put me off having a Mondraker.

Support and spares availability is excellent. In this, having stable distribution really helps – Silverfish have been doing them for years, and I expect will be doing them for a long time to come. I’d not be in the least worried about getting hold of bits. Silverfish are good to deal with and reasonable, too.

Of course, it really comes down to how efficient your dealer is, but having said that, you can always get spares direct or from any shop with a Silverfish account, or at least any Mondraker dealer – of which there are plenty.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Had my Foxy since 2014. I ride it all year round rain, snow or sun. It had a set of bearings at the end of the season, and has just had another set. It had a new bottom du end of last year and top bush/du not been needed. Mine has clearcoat which has done well and is only just starting to scrape up. All in all pretty good and on par with the other bikes i’ve had (giant, orange, ironhorse). Handy having Silverfish as a distributor as they’re pretty good.

maxtorque

Ok, thanks. Sounds reasonable. Have to find one for a trial ride now 😉

ricky1
    Free Member

Just bought one a few weeks ago,foxy r,I’m still in the honeymoon period at the moment and going from a 120 travel Santa Cruz superlight to 140 travel foxy it feels nice,people say they don’t climb so well but I beg to differ,left a few carbon race machines standing up the side of the hope line up Gisburn the other week but maybe I’m just fitter than all them young uns.
    As for frame spares and bearing replacement your on your own,mondraker classes it as wear andtear,I asked this question on purchase,get it heli taped before you ride it,I’ve only done 50 miles and there’s scuffs on the top tube from my shorts,the ride is amazing really,took me a while to get used to the forward geometry.
    As for support I don’t really know,like you I do all of my spannering myself,not really bothered about after sales unless my frame snaps,hope this helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker in the UK? Robustness (mud!) and support?’ is closed to new replies.