Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Mondraker frame warranty?
  • phunkmaster
    Free Member

So they could easily have just said the expected lifetime of that product is 6 years and offered nowt

So why not just say that. Frame Warranty: 6 years

No ambiguity of what exactly a lifetime is. Pretty sure a 5010’s lifetime is a lot shorter in the hands of Josh Bryceland than it is in your average punter’s hands.

I don’t expect a frame to last for ever (although Ellsworth have warrantied some pretty old frames in the past) and I realise that it’s a ploy by companies to get us to part with our money shocker, but that’s not on.

So what’s the expected lifetime of my Trance?

crownan
    Free Member

I’ve just found a crack in my 2014 Foxy. Hoping it gets resolved, I registered mine when I bought it so fingers crossed.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Ignoring whether it was registered or not, the warranty conditions make it quite clear that lifetime means the expected lifetime of the product, not the lifetime of the owner. So they could easily have just said the expected lifetime of that product is 6 years and offered nowt.

As no one has a datalogger on their bike there is no way to determine the use to then derive the remaining life. The use of the phrase is a marketing ploy to imply a higher benefit than actually will be honoured

chakaping
    Free Member

The use of the phrase is a marketing ploy to imply a higher benefit than actually will be honoured

Either this or they’ve since backtracked as it proved more costly than anticipated and have redefined the meaning of the word “lifetime”.

Can’t see “Warranty lasting for an unspecified period of time, to be decided by us at a later date” being such a strong driver for sales.

misteralz
    Free Member

And so to an update of the update of the update! My lovely new Foxy arrived on Friday afternoon and I set to assembling and setting up and failed pretty quickly when I couldn’t get the front wheel on. Hmmm. Seemed that the front disc was bottoming out in the caliper. No problem, it probably just needs adjustment, thinks I, so I whip it off and get the wheel in place. And can’t refit the caliper because the 160-180 post to post mount with appropriate longer bolts was missing…
    So now I’ve assembled it, set it up as best as I can, but can’t ride it as I don’t have either the appropriate bracket or a spare 160 disc. Because who has 160 discs these days?
    I’ve emailed Silverfish and had no reply – I’m probably on their blocked list now – but to be fair they hadn’t even opened the box, this is entirely Mondraker’s screw-up.
    I’m sure it’s going to be lovely to ride when I get round to riding it…

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker frame warranty?’ is closed to new replies.