Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mondraker foxy, any good?
  • lee170
    Free Member

Looking for a new FS bike, the 2014 mondraker foxy RR looks the dogs

Are they a middle Of the road brand or a top end brand on a level with Santa Cruz, Yeti, Intense etc etc

Any mondraker owners out there who can give me some reviews??

Thanks

atlaz
    Free Member

What do you mean by “top end”? I would class Yeti and Intense as small shops and Santa Cruz as a mass market brand with good marketing. Their frames are made somewhere in the far east rather than in Spain but I’ve been happy with the build quality of my Dune and my mate who has one has been too. For a 6″ suspension bike it goes up hill well enough, can go downhill far faster than my skills will allow. I’ve ridden it on longer more XC style rides, ridden it in bike parks and ridden it in the Alps and it’s not fallen apart.

I’d buy another, that’s pretty much all I can say.

Northwind

Much better than intense, the frame’ll probably be welded straight 😉

Couple of mates have them and both love them, one sold a Session and a Five to fund it and uses it for the job both did, he’s raced a bunch of SDA rounds and seems happy enough! Does seem to have a high top tube and seattube though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Any mondraker owners out there who can give me some reviews??

Nobody’s ridden the 2014s yet, apart from some industry people perhaps.

They’ve got a new wheelsize and geometry so it’s hard to predict how they’ll ride tbh. But apparently they are beefing up the rear ends, which was one drawback on the old ones for heavier riders.

The bolts used to fall out of all of them, but they mostly fixed that I think.

I’ve owned a Foxy and a couple of Dunes, they’ve been some of my favourite bikes. They suit my riding style though, if you’re into getting a lot of air then possibly not the best choice.

kimbers

Review in last month’s dirt think They said the fine was better but they are gnarpoonists

kimbers

Review in last month’s dirt think They said the Dune was better but they are gnarpoonists

heuer27
    Free Member

Didn’t Fabien Barel help develop Mondraker.. I know that he is on a canyon now but he spent a few years with Mondraker doing enduros on a foxy I think. With that input you would think that they would be decent bikes.
    If I had a more sympathetic insurance company, I would have bought one last year but they sent me in the direction of my local Orange dealer after I wrote off my carbon frame.
    Still hanker after a Mondraker though. Maybe not the new one as I don’t think they are as pretty as the previous models.

xc-steve
    Free Member

The new 2014 ones look amazing, my riding/training buddy has just bought a 2014 Foxy R and it looks amazing nicer in the flesh. Weight is highly respectable, lifetime warranty on the frame and it rides rather well according to the owner (who rides time pedals so haven’t been able to take it for a spin myself).

All in I want one… enough for me to want to buy one once I’m no longer sponsored… by Mondraker… hem…

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

Don’t know how far away you are from sunny Hertfordshire but we have a medium R demo. We’ve just had a couple of guys back from Whinlatter, where they use them as hire bikes (I believe) and they both said the best bike they’ve ridden.

jpacey
    Free Member

Ive got a 2011 foxy R and have mixed feelings about it
    On the positive side it climbs well and has great riding position which makes descending loads of fun.
    On the negative side the rear end flex’s a lot and on a couple of occasions the frame has noticeably given and bent out of shape in on either an off camber turn or a fast berm, the pivots bearings wear out very quickly and need a lot of TLC, it is very noisy and creaks through the summer and finally I cant seem to get the suspension quite right. It never seems to flow on lesser gradient rocky rials like my previous bikes did and will need more pedalling on these sections. It feels much better when it gets steep

It sound like mondraker have tried to address the frame flex issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker foxy, any good?’ is closed to new replies.