Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mondraker forward geometry sizing
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m looking at the vantage plus and am a little confused how to size the bikes as I have no dealer near me. I’m 5’10 but with a longer torso so for reference a larger salsa beargrease fits lovely. Any advice from owners? Thanks.

maxtorque

Worth travelling to try a demo bike imo!

I’m in Northampton and i drove to Sussed Out Suspension in Essex to try a Dune before i ordered mine!

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have read it’s best to demo first. Thanks.

ticsmon

I’m 5’10 and have a medium foxy. The large was too long for me. Where are you based? You’re welcome to throw a leg over mine if you’re close enough.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m in Milton Keynes ticsimon and thanks for the offer .

zero-cool
    Free Member

I thought the point of Forward Geometry was it was sized the same as other brands as the difference in TT length was balanced out by the proportionally shorter stem?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If there was one bike that says try before you buy….

RickDraper
    Free Member

If there was one bike that says try before you buy….

It’s a Santa Cruz nomad…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I did that one…. More try if you want to buy

ticsmon

Bit far away that I’m afraid. Evans cycles sell mandrake. They may let you ride one round the car park

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and have a large Mongraper Foxy, size wise I think it is great, standover is much better than my Ibis Mojo HD in Medium that I had but the reach is geet long which felt really weird at the beginning but you get used to that!

But agreed, try and try one before you buy due to how different they are to most other bikes

chiefgrooveguru

I thought the point of Forward Geometry was it was sized the same as other brands as the difference in TT length was balanced out by the proportionally shorter stem?

That was the case when they were running 0 or 10mm stems and most comparable bikes were on 50mm. But now Mondraker are defaulting to 30mm stems (because shorter than that is actually a negative effective stem once you figure in bar backsweep) and plenty of people are running shorter than 50mm on other bikes. So it’s a more stretched out riding position.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 but with a longer torso

Large then.

That’s just based on experience of other long bikes rather than Mondraker in particular, but if you can’t try the actual bike perhaps you could get a go on a friend’s bike with a similar reach figure to get an idea?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker forward geometry sizing’ is closed to new replies.