Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mondeo mk4 – which odb reader? – wifi/bluetooth?
  • Mat

Morning all, engine warning light is on on my Mondeo, I’ve got it back in to the garage to have a look but this has got me thinking I should probably get myself an OBD reader. I see you can now get wifi/bluetooth ones.

Any recommendations? I’ve got an iPhone so I think that’d be pushing me to wifi for compatibility.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Too many of them are limited in functionality.
    Depends really, if you’re a home mechanic, then any car less than 100 years old needs a proper box / interface. If you just want to read the codes an OBD reader will probably do. Can’t recommend any specific ones though.
    I’ve got a Scenic which I’ve got a CLIP box and software. Basically it means you can log into the car’s ECU, look at fault codes, clear codes, change injectors etc etc. Cost £120, but its already saved us LOADS in garage fees.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got a £2.60 bluetooth one off ebay for our fiesta and C-max (both petrol).

I’ve got a Scenic which I’ve got a CLIP box and software. Basically it means you can log into the car’s ECU, look at fault codes, clear codes, change injectors etc etc. Cost £1202.60, but its already saved us LOADS in garage fees.

It’s petrol so changing injectors isn’t the same job as a diesel.

Irritatingly, there were no fault codes recorded, I was expecting at least the lambda to be out of range even if it couldn’t tell the coil/leads were on the blink.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

“Irritatingly, there were no fault codes recorded, I was expecting at least the lambda to be out of range even if it couldn’t tell the coil/leads were on the blink.

That is ironic.

Planet peugeot / lexia(dealer spec and about 120 quid) sees things on my pugs and citroen and generic 2.60 readers cannot see – many many things.

one would assume its the same for fords 😉

Northwind

Just had a look, the mk3 gets the excellent fsuper but apparently it doesn’t work well with the mk4. Forscan software is well recommended as an alternative so I’d be inclined to order an obd box that’s packaged with the software (it’s freeware but if you get them together you can be more confident of it working)

squirrelking
    Free Member

Forscan and a modified ELM scanner IIRC will give you full access to everything you could ever want to mess about with.

I’d take a look on http://www.talkford.com/community/forum/96-ford-mondeo-mk4-2007-2013/ and see what they recommend for general messing about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mondeo mk4 – which odb reader? – wifi/bluetooth?’ is closed to new replies.