Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mondeo afficianados: Mondeo 2.0 24v TDCi ????
  • nedrapier

Looking at one of these for sale.

Ad says Mondeo 2.0 24v TDCi

Data check says Mondeo 2.0 24v, fuel type: heavy oil. (diesel, I assume)

Can't find anything on t'interweb, Parkers etc about a 24v diesel, it's all 115/130PS etc. The only mention of 24v is on the petrol engines.

Anything I should be concerned about?

it's an 02 plate.

Cheers!

Jimbo
    Free Member

There's no 24v diesel. The only 24v is the V6 petrol (2.5 or 3.0).

Concerned? Yes, the seller is a muppet. Plenty more for sale by non-muppets. Go elsewhere.

Solo
    Free Member

What jimbo said.

Solo.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Heavy oil? I've never heard that term before for Diesel/DERV. Heavy Fuel oil is the cheapest crap that comes out somewhere at the bottom of the cracker, they use it to power massive heaters/boilers and/or manufacturing machinery, not cars.

Maybe the seller has got confused over the 24V thing.

nedrapier

Seller may be a muppet, but if that's what appears on the V5 and the MID…

As you say, plenty more about (althought not as many as I'd hoped: once you ecide which engine you want, how far you want to travel, and how much you want to spend, the numbers start to fall off a touch!

cheers again

4ags4
    Free Member

Registration docs for diesels should state 'heavy oil' as fuel type (well my Peugeot 306 HDi does anyway).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Seller may be a muppet, but if that's what appears on the V5 and the MID..

Funny you should mention that, mine is a early 02 (I believe when the TDCi engine was just coming in) and although the engine cover has TDD on it, the manufacturers info from the numbers and letters on the ID plate says it's a TDCi.

Maybe Heavy Fuel Oil is the same as diesel/DERV/Gas Oil, I always believed it was a lower grade of refined oil.

firestarter
    Free Member

heavy oil is what it says on diesels on v5 . as for the 24v as said above that is the big petrol engines iirc

nedrapier

Stranger and stranger, then. This is from the HPI check:

Make
    FORD
    Model
    MONDEO GHIA X 24V

Engine size cc
    Engine number
    NOT KNOWN

Fuel
    Diesel
    Body plan
    Estate

Where does this info come from, and what can have happened so that it's wrong?

glenh
    Free Member

Don't know why it's wrong, but I don't believe you can get a 2L 24v mondeo of any fuel persuasion.
    The only 24v engine is the V6 petrol, diesels are all 4 cylinder 8 or 16 valve.

nedrapier

hey ho, it went for more than I fancied paying anyway!

Cheers

knott4me
    Free Member

good job.anyone who follows a mondeo oil burner will see the smoke come out of the exhaust.

new or 2 year old they smoke like hell.tdci is bad news.the turbo is also as small as a mouse so the power comes in low & well goes out at low.very little mid range & no top end power.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mondeo afficianados: Mondeo 2.0 24v TDCi ????’ is closed to new replies.