Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mondeo (2010) fuel cap won't open, HELP.
  • Rochey
    Free Member

Hi all,

I currently have a mondeo 2010 hatchback and the fuel flap won’t open, has this happened to anyone before, if so how did you fix it???

Thanks.

redthunder
    Free Member

Use a blowlamp and melt it off 🙂

**Only kidding***

Cougar

The Mk4 Mondeo doesn’t have a fuel cap. Do you mean the flap or the filler nozzle, or is it a Mk3? 2010 was the year they changed, IIRC.

hels
    Free Member

When I last bought a new(ish) car, here was a book stuffed in the left hand door. It’s called the ‘manual’. Got one with the motorbike too (not stuffed in the door) It’s filled with hints and tips. But I’m a girl, so maybe they only issue those to Lady Motorists ?

Harry_the_Spider

Not sure sarcasm is going to help him out of this one.

Filler cap stuck on The Wife’s Ford Fusion once. It is the lockable type (not sure what you get on a Mondingo). Squirted it with a bit of GT85 and jiggled the key in it.

Rochey
    Free Member

Yes, fuel flap, to open the flap all I have to do is “push the flap”, flap opens, then push to close.

Hels, tried the manual, nothing inside.

nealglover
    Free Member

Does the flap lock with the central locking, or an you open it even when the car is locked ?

If the former, it could be a fuse that gone meaning its not unlocking with the rest of the car ?

Harry_the_Spider

Fuse?

[edit]beaten to it by 12 seconds.[/edit]

Rochey
    Free Member

Flap is opened by the central locking, un-lock the car and push flap opens, check manual and I’m not sure my car has a fuse for this model, will check.

nealglover
    Free Member

…Inside the boot remove the right hand side trim , behind this trim you will find nn electric module held on by two screws/bolts remove these, behind this isa piece of sound deadening stuff remove this which will give you access to the back of your fuel cap, ie solenoid. put your hand in grab hold of the solenoid and turn it to the left, and pull.Hey presto the solenoid will now come out leaving you able to open your fuel flap. It will not lock but you wll be able to open &close it….

bearnecessities

Stick head next to flap.

Lock and unlock.

Can you hear it engage/disengage?

If so, get a butter knife and give some assistance and maybe a punch.

IANAM

Rochey
    Free Member

I’ll try in the light, or I may just phone the garage tomorrow and see what happens.

Annoying thing is, we are members of the AA, called them and they WON’T come out as we don’t have home start, so I said if I drive 400 m you will come, yes sir, all,I was doing was being honest, that didn’t help.

PePPeR

Drive to the garage you want to fill up at then get the AA out to you.

njee20
    Free Member

Same thing happened to miss njee20’s Polo – did the boot trim/manual open thing, worked fine, very straightforward.

Rochey
    Free Member

Update, fuse box checked, all OK, tomorrow is AA time,

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mondeo (2010) fuel cap won't open, HELP.’ is closed to new replies.