Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Monday picture pup-date (Ted the border terrier pup content)
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

First weekend at home and he seems to be settling really well – either we've been spoilt or he's lulling us into a false sense of security…

not the ideal time or place to try for a snooze….

willard

He's lulling you… Our two spaniels did that sort of thing when they were young and then they turned into hyperactive mentalists.

bgd
    Free Member

Somewhere inside that cute little bundle of innocence a clock is ticking. 😉

2hottie
    Free Member

If only the teddy knew it was a matter of hours before he was gutted and his remains spread all around the living room floor. We soon realised that Brain was very fond of removing the insides of his stuffed toys.

Hint hint it becomes an expensive hobby of theirs.

Ted does look like he has settled in very well already

marsdenman
    Free Member

2Hottie – Ted came with his favourite toy – a 'stuffed' cuddly pheasant – on closer inspection it seems it has erm, had and extensive operation to remove it's insides – we'll bear that in mind!

Our bundle of fun has just taken himself off to bed (had planned to crate train him but none needed, put his bedding in there and, when he gets tired, he toddles off and beds down… and no moaning or yapping overnight either – like I say, we think he;s up to something….)
    Going be a fun few days now though – I'm 'off' every Monday so working at home at the mo before I take him out on a job later… then it's a case of getting him settled through the day at the workplace, my studio. Should be fine, showed him around on Saturday, and introduced him to one of the two little dogs that currently share the communal yard at the back.

tonyg2003

Do not leave your expensive bling cycling shoes in any form of reach of this little bundle of fun!!! I know from costly experience.

He's just saving up his destructive urges.

2hottie
    Free Member

Marsden

Brians current record of destruction:

6 or more stuffed Teddies (we asked people to stop buying him them)
    1 Laptop power lead
    1 Plastic food bowl
    £100's worth of garden plants
    4 Tennis balls
    1 Christmas Tree, felled, and all tree decorations (chocolates included)
    1 Cheque (£25) which was never re issued, bugger
    2 extender leads (be warned)
    3 recycle box bin lids
    1 "Hairspray" DVD Box set. (he didn't like watching that)
    1 Classic novel
    1 Camalbak bite valve
    Anything in reach on the washing line, a towel was the lastest victim

Apart from that he keeps his teeth to himself, unless provoked.

I'd suggest that you give Ted an array of toys of different textures as well as a treat ball which Brian loves to battle with.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Our cocker spaniel lulled us in to a false sense of calmness too, after about 4 weeks we discoverd he was in fact the devil in a cockers coat, only marginally better now at 5 years old.

Bunnyhop

Marsdenman – As you know I'm not really a dog person (more cat and horse) but Ted is very cute indeed. Glad he's settling into Marsden towers o.k.

2hottie – Our hamster did about the same amount of damage, apart from the teeth, he did bite once or twice.

seizednuts
    Free Member

ITS A TRAP!!!

My patterdale is cute shes 18 mounths and its been intersting.
    The list so far

Wife's glasses
    Wifes contact lense's the ones posted through the door
    5 dogs beds
    1 bean bag
    3 pairs of running trainers
    3 sets of stair carpets
    leather sofa
    leather foot stool
    lots of socks/pants
    A hammer (i was impressed with that one)
    Sofa bed
    numerous books and DVD

Thats just the stuff I can remember. I try not to think about how much its all cost 😯
    Would be with out her though :mrgreen:

JohnClimber
    Free Member

My Archie's (Border) only ever killed tennis balls, but bloody hundreds of them.

anagallis_arvensis

puppies are ace

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Georgie, 11weeks old JR. No trouble what so ever yet!

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Careful he doesn't go crispy in the cold weather ….

NZCol

Right you lot stop it. I want a dog and this isn't helping at all.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Right you lot stop it. I want a dog and this isn't helping at all.

+1, or "ditto", or "I feel the same as you NZCol"
    choose any from the above depending which phrase annoys you least.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Thanks for all the 'heads -up' on the potential for damage 😯
    Can see this may be a cunning plan on his behalf – need to keep eyes wide open!

BunnyHop – yep, settling in well thanks – though, given the above, that might change – hopefuly not though – seems a really intelligent chap – certainly responding well to th elittle training we're working on – that said, also fully aware that a bright dog is also soon bored = soon looks for mischief…. That is mischief is currently looking cute though – asleep in his den..!
    PikeBN14 – looks like someone had fun snuffling in the snow!

Neverfatenuff & anagallis- I will not the the Mrs see those piccies – she'd be adding to our litter!

Nobby

Our Patterdale's list is ever growing too & she seems to keep adding various 'indestructible' dog toys to it on a regular basis.

Nobby

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Monday picture pup-date (Ted the border terrier pup content)’ is closed to new replies.