• This topic has 30 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – September 14th – Not got a plan yet edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Anybody got any suggestions?

It looks like we’ll be having quite a lot of rain between now and then so a venue that is not prone to turning into a swamp would be preferable.

horridge
    Free Member

We could go from the Ainsworth arms in Bolton. Me and Gaz were going to ride from there tonight. We could ask the landlord about some post ride grub.

Harry_the_Spider

Any news?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I’m doing the Manchester 100 on Sunday and my attendance on Monday is certainly questionable!

Steve’s suggestion of the Ainsworth Arms does sound like a good one to me though! The blast down through the woods at the end last time was great!

dazh

Having seen the weather forecast I’m also doing the manchester 100 at the weekend so my participation is somewhat questionable too.

binners

We could always just go to the pub?

edhornby

we could pick a destination and a time and the rule is no driving ? may be able to get Mrs Ed to be home in time for me to make a swift pint and pie

which ainsworth arms ? there are two, I’m guessing you mean the one near smithills (as opposed to the one on bolton road on the way back towards bury)

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yes near Smithills. Top of Haliwell Road

Bregante

I’m also doing the Manchester 100 on Sunday and if my recent lack of riding is anything to go by I may actually be still doing it at 8.15 pm on Monday.

horridge
    Free Member

We didn’t get to the Ainsworth on Monday but I don’t think we’ll get a large enough group to ask for post ride grub. Sounds like many Susan’s will not be attending and I may even change my name if the weather is really bad. 🙂

duncancallum

I’m a maybe.

Works becoming an increasingly expanding and tedious way of filling my life up.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

maybe for me too. i’d like to attend…

funkrodent

Been informed that it’s the missus’ sister’s birthday tomorrow and we’re all going to the Outlaws’ house to get filled to the gunnels with meat and potato pie. I’ve known about it for ages apparently. So once again the curse of Monday strikes me again, though the matriarch’s M&P pie is a work of art.

Harry_the_Spider

So, are we having The Ainsworth Arms (BL1 8BY) and have we got a leader?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I’m not going to make it tonight. Combination of aching from yesterday, sore throat and cough today and work deadlines. Full house really!

Have a good ride…

binners

Looking at my print deadlines for the week, there’s not a cat in hells chance I’m going to make it out tonight.

I’m quite interested in gatecrashing funkrodents outlaws for the Meat and tattie pie though.

Have a good ‘un folks

xherbivorex
    Free Member

pretty sure that time will get the better of me today so i’m looking at an hour up rivi (at best) myself, i’m gonna need to be back home by 9ish.

dazh

I’m not going to make it. Still half asleep after yesterday so think a rest day is in order. The weather actually looks ok so the rest of you should have no excuse.

Harry_the_Spider

Is anyone out at all?

I’m up for it if others are but I’ve also got some decorating to finish so, if nobody is out, I’ll take the opportunity to roller out all of the greasy little handprints that have appeared on my stairs and landing wall.

mintimperial

I’m moving house this week (hopefully – it’ll be that or killing a lawyer), so no riding for me either I’m afraid.

horridge
    Free Member

Susan’s all around by the looks of it. I have a physio appointment at 6.30 so can’t guarantee I’ll make it. Just spoke with Gaz and he’s also been roped into decorating. Should we re-arrange for next week and i’ll speak with the pub about grub if we have better numbers?

Harry_the_Spider

OK
    I’ll break out the rollers myself. My wrist is “crebbing ” anyway.

edhornby

call me susan also

scaled
    Free Member

I was watching the thread in a ‘I’ll Susan if you all Susan’ kind of way

nach
    Free Member

Well now I’m Susan too, but it’s just all the peer pressure, right?

binners

Are you decorating as well now too?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

scaled
    Free Member

I’m Susan, and so’s my wife

Harry_the_Spider

It would appear that we are all Splitters this week, so until next Monday “Solidarity Siblings!”

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m hopefully still going out up rivi for an hour or so…

dazh

Can I just be clear and say I’m definitely not decorating. I’ll be sat in front of the telly drinking beer.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – September 14th – Not got a plan yet edition’ is closed to new replies.