Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – Strawbury Duck
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

Evening all

Next Monday’s, Monday Night Pub Ride (Monday 16th September) is planned to start and end at The Strawbury Duck near Edgworth.

Mr Sparkle did well with his free chips and equally well with his free butties! So it seems like I’m doubling up by (hopefully!) securing FREE CHIP BUTTIES! Its not a definite yet but I’ll keep you posted!

Anyway, ride will start at 8 O’CLOCK PROMPT!

As always, bring your (fully charged) lights, beer money and plenty of energy! All welcome – the more the merrier!

Bregante

Can I get back to you once you’ve confirmed the refreshments?

😉

Sod it, what else would I rather be doing on a (probably) wet Monday night!

wors

Free chip but ties at the strawberry duck? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

MrSparkle

Good work Craig. I’m hoping to be there, dragging what’s left of my sorry ass round after the MTL the day before. I’ll mention it to a few of the usual suspects too.

Bregante

I suspect you’ll still kick our arses Mr S

MrSparkle

I wouldn’t count on it! I may return the compliment to Craig and act as Tail End Charlie, so nobody can hear me moaning! 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Free Chip Butties confirmed! See you Monday!

thejollybodger
    Free Member

Looking forward to it, will be there – hopefully with the rest of the Ramsbottom clan.

Harry_the_Spider

Timing is a bit tight but I’ll try and get there.

I remember The Strawberry Duck from the mid 80s. IIRC it was a bit like Porky’s. 😀 I assume it is a bit more civilised now.

binners

The usual suspects will be riding over from rammy. Looks like its going to be a wet one. Think a change of tyres may be in order this afternoon. See you tomorrow.

Anyone else from Rammy, we’re meeting up outside the Shoulder at 7.20 to ride over

tanglewood
    Free Member

Thanks wittonweavers I’m in, see you there.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Forecast seems a bit mixed for today. Very heavy rain yesterday may lead to a bit of a change of plan later…

Harry_the_Spider

What’s the plan?

jaqsobo
    Free Member

Hi Binners,

It’d be great if I can ride over with you guys, I’ll look to be at the Shoulder for then. If I am not there in time don’t wait incase there is a child calamity of some sort!

Cheers

binners

Great stuff. We’ll see you there. Looks like there’s a few of us.

Maybe it would be opportune to post the amended rules

Monday night club 2 by binlidski, on Flickr

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Original plan was an assault over Turton Moor from Cadshaw but i think it might turn into a cold, struggle across a very wet and boggy moor. Certainly challenging but I cant see it being all that much fun.

Will probably stick to a few less exposed, more compacted trails.

See you up there!

Bregante

Flippers, wetsuit and snorkel all packed in the car……

I wouldn’t be seen wearing anything else on a Monday night!
    My mates coming too. He’s old and slow so be kind.

binners

We’re thinking of canoeing over

Someone old and slow Bregante? How the hell is he going to fit in with us young, fit, speedy, virile race missiles?!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

😀

The slower the better!

The lure of free chip butties is astounding!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Looking out of the window right now I would very strongly suggest that you take specific note of Rule 3 above…

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just been out over Cadshaw about three hours ago, my advice. Don’t bother. Everything is sopping wet. Headed to Entwistle and attempted the river crossing and nearly drowned. Still a good ride though. Enjoy the strawberry duck chips, their fit 🙂

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m a dick. After getting the meeting point in Rammy wrong, I then misunderstood Binners re route idea. Apologies if I caused the Rammy lot to be late.

See you next week (hopefully)

tanglewood
    Free Member

ARGH!
    Didn’t get home till 8.20pm
    See you in two weeks, going to the big smoke, on a coach with aload of old coffin dodgers next week. looking forward to the week after already though.
    ARGH!(again)

MrSparkle

Good work Witton Weavers on organising a good route, free chip butties and NO RAIN!

Bregante

Yep. Got wet from the bottom upwards instead!

Great ride Craig and good company again chaps. Chip butties were teh Awesumz.

Who knew health food could taste so good?

binners

Cracking run through the local streams last night chaps. There’s a good reason they put all those reservoirs there, isn’t there?

Nice to cast off the tyranny of dry, firm trails and get back to the more familiar post-ride ‘you’re not setting foot in this house looking like that’ comments 😀

dontdropthesoap – you Muppet!!! 😉

MrSparkle

Muddy men masticating. Mmmm!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Great ride last night chaps – thanks for joining me on my magical mystery tour!

@bwfc4eva868 (dodgy name under the current circumstances!) I went out for a ride on Sunday and the river was already in full flow – so i’d be impressed if you rode across it yesterday?! If you live local then why dont you join us on a Monday night?

Strava

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – Strawbury Duck’ is closed to new replies.