• This topic has 101 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride No1 2015
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

Does anyone record the route on Strava or similar

I do.

http://www.strava.com/activities/237244919

(I cycled out from the city centre, so that has probably increased the average speed)

Harry_the_Spider

This week.

http://app.strava.com/athlete/calendar?utm_source=top-nav#Jan

Next week will probably be something like this.

http://app.strava.com/activities/157321005

Come and have a go Chambord, don’t forget your beer and crisp money.

Nobody gets dropped… unless they are a ****.

chambord
    Free Member

Nobody gets dropped… unless they are a ****.

That’s my main worry.

If you head out round hollingworth lake next week I’ll go for definite – walked around there a few weeks ago and thought it’d be good to ride round there.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It’s pretty 🙂 Though probably prettier in the daytime!

robj20
    Free Member

Im determined to join along soon, but i havent been on my bike for about 6 months need to get some rides in first.

mintimperial

probably prettier in the daytime!

I dunno. You can see Rochdale in the daytime.

hora
    Free Member

I know I’ve said this before but as soon as I’ve sorted lights I’m coming out to play.

eightyeight
    Free Member

I was out for c. 6 months with a broken arm and these are the perfect way to get back into riding. Not too fast, but you’re with others so you try and push yourself a little – great for getting the fitness back

Harry_the_Spider

hora – Member

I know I’ve said this before but as soon as I’ve sorted lights I’m coming out to play.

Cobblers. You’re the insane ramblings of an ancient computer sat in a back room at a tax office in Stoke, just like CFH is.

McMoonter doesn’t exist either. He’s the alter ego of a CNC machine in a German prefabricated house factory.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

incredible.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Heh.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i have a question- now, whilst my light (tumble & fall 2000 lumen thingy) was lovely and bright (as evidenced on the far right hand side of the photo above), the battery was almost out by the time we got back to the pub.
    so, what do you lot use and how long do the batteries last? I’m thinking that my newly discovered fitness may enable me to do longer rides but obviously I don’t want to either have to carry extra lights/batteries or eat even more carrots than i already do just so i can see in the pitch black of the lancashire hills. so i should maybe consider buying a new (better) light…

tthew

Did you run it at full chat for the whole ride? I tend to use the low power setting except when the gnar demands.

(edit – and mine’s an eBay special with a reasonably small capacity battery)

hora
    Free Member

‘Harry you have your Wang’ in someones back office? Thats a bit Stoke-on-Trent 😯

Bregante

Solar storm light unit off ebay and an mtbbatteries (smudge) battery here.

Also check this thread out….

Hang on….

Ta-Da!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

matt, no- it was on half power for most of the ride, just switched it to full for the red loops in phillips park.
    it only has 3 settings- full, 50% and fit inducing strobe style.

hora
    Free Member

Yes yes- just need to click buy. I still have a £100 light from On one but lost the charger and the mounts vanished. Hang on. HANG ON- can I recover this? Will take a pic of the base of the light to see if a mount is replaceble/works (it still lights up).

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i guess i could just speak to smudge about getting a better battery since the light head unit itself is great…

duncancallum

Enjoyed it immensely. It’s better at night as it’s more picturesque 😆

Not the slowest yet either though my time will come no doubt.

Im up for the next one work pending…

edhornby

ahh – my light keeps crapping out at the end of the ride without warning but I have it on full blast all the time…

properly good riding and so ace to see so many out

robj20
    Free Member

I have a Four4th Holy Moses Green LED with a 5200mah battery get 3H high, 5H medium and 7H on low with 20 mins reserve. Its 2900 lumens as well.

Hopefully heading out tonight round clifton for a pootle get me used to the bike again.

tthew

it was on half power for most of the ride, just switched it to full for the red loops in phillips park.

Sounds like the battery might be goosed then.

i guess i could just speak to smudge about getting a better battery since the light head unit itself is great…

That sounds like good plan, also he probably has the means to test if it’s just one cell that’s konked out, may not require a whole new battery. Depend how old it is, possibly not be worth a repair if other cells are towards the end of their life.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride No1 2015’ is closed to new replies.