Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – May 25th – Bank Holiday Extravaganza
  • Harry_the_Spider

What’s the plan?

dazh

Littleborough 6pm
    Wine Press (it should be open as it’s earlier).

chipps

Sounds fun. If we’re not dead from Glentress Seven on the Saturday, we’ll try to make it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wittonweavers
    Free Member

In!

tthew

Thanks for the heads up. Think it will be a late decision for me, depending on family stuff.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sadly will be forced to be riding* these trails at that time 😉

*yeah, actually, not sure I’ll be able to get the bike there with this strike, grr. Oh well I like walking too.

horridge
    Free Member

I’m in.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’ll be there.

tthew

yeah, actually, not sure I’ll be able to get the bike there with this strike, grr

There’s some good news waiting for you on the train strike thread.

Bregante

In! I’ve only just had chance to read the flurry of e-mithers. Happy to let Minty or Daz show me some new bits on that side of the pike as my route Will involve a section of hike-a-bike.

mintimperial

Well I’ve been out inspecting the trails between Marsden and Littleborough this morning and apart from the usual two or three permanently damp bits it’s looking good. Assuming it doesn’t pee it down between now and then it’ll all be running lovely on Monday. 🙂

binners

I’m not in a good way! I went down like the proverbial Sack of spuds down Wilderswood t’other day. It was pretty spectacular, as Chapaking (who kindly restrained himself from laughing) can vouch. I’m now sporting glorious technicolor knees and shoulder and I ache just about everywhere.

Poor me. I expect a deluge of sympathy obviously

Bregante

Heal quick binbins.

Why don’t you turn out anyway with Daz and nurse a half of mild all night to make sure they don’t shut shop at 9.30 (or later if dazh gets one of his traditionals)

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Bit dull this morning but forecast is generally dry. Who is playing out then?

Me plus Neal & Tony coming over.

Bregante

I’m still in

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m still coming.

binners

Fraid not. Still not in anywhere near recovered enough. I’m now making additional involuntary noises when i move.

On a related note, apologies for the shameful lack of artwork of late. I’m aware that I’ve broken the continuity, and am mildly annoyed with myself. I’ve been mad busy, in my (inadequate) defence. Got a great idea for this one tonight, in fact I’ve got a few, that’ll form the basis of a print (or prints).If I get a few hours this afternoon I’ll try get it put together. Watch this space!

mintimperial

I’m definitely in, going to be quite steady though as am still feeling the after-effects of a reunion with some old school mates last night. Blerg. 😐

dazh

50-50 at the moment. Just got back from a festival much later than expected and have loads of unpacking and stuff to sort out. If I’m not there don’t wait.

gaze
    Free Member

I am not out , stuck in Liverpool 🙁

nach
    Free Member

I just got back from a weekend away with the intention of dawdling, fettling, then riding down to the Winepress for 8. Clover just reminded me it starts at 6. Hopefully see you all there at 6.

nach
    Free Member

Ace ride, and that Marsden moor descent was incredible. I should have eaten more before setting off though; thanks for getting me back to the pub 🙂

The loud boom from the bike behind made me flinch:

Bregante

Top marks to Daz I for getting as far as he did with just one brake and to Rik for stepping in with the rescue plan when his tyre exploded!

Belting ride again, thanks Tom

mintimperial

Cheers guys. Bar the mechanicals that was a cracking ride out in great company as ever. 😀

dazh

Didn’t make it into work today so must’ve been a good one. I’m going to get the sack at this rate 😯

Don’t know why it’s taken me 8 years to do the drop into Marsden again. I’d forgotten how good it is. Thanks to Tom for the route. I’ll be doing that one again definitely when I get a chance.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Thanks guys for last night. Although i found it tough going in places both uphill and downhill I really enjoyed it. I was ravenous when i got home – almost lost my fingers polishing off my kebab!

I have always looked at those hills on the Marsden side of the M62 (the ones we came over towards the end of the ride) and wanted to do them – mission accomplished!

Daz I – Did you get home ok?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – May 25th – Bank Holiday Extravaganza’ is closed to new replies.