• This topic has 37 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – February 8th – Turton
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

As far as i’m aware no plans were made for this week. So in the absence of anything else I will lead one out from the Cheetham Arms at Chapeltown:

The Cheetham Arms
    83 High Street
    Chapeltown
    Bolton
    BL7 0EW

8:15 blast off.
    Bring money for beer.

Harry_the_Spider

Couldn’t have put it better myself!

I’m in.

mikerigby

All my ailments are on the mend so fingers crossed I am out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dazh

I wonder which storm we’ll be battling this time. Imogen or Jake?

tthew

Bit travelly for me, but thanks for the e-mail earlier. Enjoy yerselves

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m in.

binners

In

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

We riding there Binners?

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’m in

chipps

I’ll be in Spain. Sorry. (Not…)

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll be in Spain.

On the plain? It will rain. Mainly.

funkrodent

Finally got a Monday night free. I’m in

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’m out now after dislocating my shoulder at a gig on Saturday night. I really need to grow up

binners

You big daft sod! 😉

The Rammy contingent will be riding over.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m out now after dislocating my shoulder at a gig on Saturday night. I really need to grow up

Nik Kershaw?

Bregante

😆

gixer71109
    Free Member

Oh yes I was expecting this kind of response I would be dissapointed with anything less

Harry_the_Spider

You see, if we were a proper club we’d have something in our constitution about not taking the piss. But we aren’t, so we haven’t.

Did you get hit by a balloon?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9o4LQMxy_Y[/video]

mikerigby

Thanks for that video, like Nik Kershaw. Gave me some ideas for a new hair cut!

Harry_the_Spider

[Susan]

40+ mph wind and >95% of rain?

Sod that, I’m going to Karate.

[/Susan]

binners

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Oh come on guys – dont be so soft!

There is no way it will be windier than last week and a bit of rain never killed anyone (well, not many).

The trails will be low, hard compacted. Cant guarantee no surface water but it’ll be fine!

Man up FFS! 😀

dazh

After subjecting everyone to 50mph crosswinds last week I feel duty-bound to attend. Against my better judgement, I’m in*.

*Assuming anyone else is, don’t feel under any pressure, I’ll go with the flow 🙂

Edit:

The trails will be low, hard compacted. Cant guarantee no surface water but it’ll be fine!

Great bit of optimistic wishful thinking there. And probably true. The weather as never as bad as you think it’s going to be. Apart from last week maybe.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

… and last Feb from the same pub when only me, Baz abd Dunc turned up. Never wetter.

No chance of a repeat though if Baz has a slightly hurty shoulder and i cant see Dunc making it after his epic ride earlier today…

Impressive!

dazh

So much for wishful thinking. Guess I’d best bring a change of clothes for the pub. Is anyone else going to be there?

dazh

Quick heads up, WW and myself are weakening in our resolve in case anyone is thinking of going. The pub across the road from my work is looking mightily inviting at this point in time. Check on here before going anywhere.

Oh the shame. 😳

mikerigby

Tried to talk myself in to it but, i’m off to the gym instead.

binners

Word in Rammy (with video evidence on FB) is that the levels of the Irwell are getting very close to flooding again. Its put a LOT of water down. Yet again!

I’ve just been reminded that I’ve got tickets for John Cooper Clark tonight. I’d got them ages ago, and completely forgotten. So there’s absolutely no chance I’m going out getting cold and wet instead 😀

Enjoy!

dazh

Sod it. In the words of someone who sounds like Binners, f*** this s***, I’m off down the pub.

mintimperial

Aww. I was totally up for driving ages to swim round some mud in the dark with my bike until dazh bailed, honest. Oh well, the pub it is. 😉

Harry_the_Spider

7:00pm here if anyone fancies a dust up.

Home 1

wittonweavers
    Free Member

*spots an ideal opportunity to get steal a march in the attendance charts*

wittonweavers
    Free Member

On a serious note I think we will have to knock it on the head this week. Same time, same place next week?

Harry_the_Spider

Sounds good. Going out tonight would have been an exercise in component wear and misery.

I’ll be out next week if the weather system hasn’t got a name.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Sod that. It won’t be raining in the gym.

duncancallum

I’m out.the last 2 weeks have been work related n today’s manflu n a bottom bracket replacement….

Normal service will be resumed soon

dazh

Could be worse, it could be nice and sunny whilst we’re blown off our bikes….

[video]https://youtu.be/KHsTn7ketto[/video]

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – February 8th – Turton’ is closed to new replies.