• This topic has 212 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)
  • Monday night pub ride – BMX track night Manchester
  • gaze
    Free Member
    Harry_the_Spider

Gaz Gaz Gaz! Starting to get expensive now.

I casually mentioned it to Mrs Spider last night and she told me not to be so “Bloody daft”.

I may still buy a full face lid for the next time I suggest making a rash mid life crisis purchase.

dazh

This one’s not expensive

And neither is this one..

So when are we starting club racing?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Assuming the 29th December is an 8 o’clock kick off again then count me in!

gaze
    Free Member

That felt looks a bit tasty and it’s in preston . I would have had that if I hadn’t bought a bike last weekend.

mintimperial

29th December you say? I’m in. 😀

binners

I’m in as well purleez. Theres a chap here at work wants to join us too. He’s a mountain biker and, after I’d told him about our evening, he suggested it too the lads he rides with. They all looked at him like he was mental. So he wondered if he could join us instead.

I’d spotted that Felt in Preston too. Not that I’m looking, or owt. Honest!

dazh

I’d spotted that Felt in Preston too. Not that I’m looking, or owt. Honest!

Too late it’s mine 🙂

grum
    Free Member

I can’t do the 29th but will defo come if you do it again at some point. Enjoy!

nach
    Free Member

I’d love to do the 29th too.

I have this, but I think the 19.5″ TT is too short compared to the ones we were riding, and I’m not sure I trust the original straight laced front wheel. I bought it as a wreck for £25 from a kid whose dad resprayed it in the Caterpillar factory, then spent about another £200 on bits.

xiphon
    Free Member

Trust me, 19.5″ will feel way too cramped for anyone over 5’6″.

Mine’s 21.5″, but the previous frame was 21.75″. Stem length and bar height play an important part too.

nach
    Free Member

Hmm, thanks. I’ve found it okay on skateparks, but riding there and back kills my back (whereas a few hours on the ones we rode at the track didn’t).

Maybe it’s new frame time. That’d mean the only things I haven’t replaced would be the forks, bars and stem 🙂 Might just whack a one piece crank back in and sell it. It looked way better like that, the modern bits don’t go well with the retro frame.

nach
    Free Member

Whoops 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)

The topic ‘Monday night pub ride – BMX track night Manchester’ is closed to new replies.