• This topic has 212 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 213 total)
  • Monday night pub ride – BMX track night Manchester
  • mintimperial

I’m still in! See you there.

gaze
    Free Member

For those people who are taking bikes to the track it is ok to leave them trackside

dazh

I’m still in. Looking forward to it. Got a slight dose of the man-flu today so working at home and doubt I’ll make it to CV beforehand but you never know..

Scaled can you send me your mobile no (mail in profile) and if I’m going to make it to CV I’ll text you later.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m still in.

I’ll be doing a lap or two of CV before hand, slowly as i’m dragging my IT apprentice about with me

nach
    Free Member

Still in. Full face and pads at the ready.

scaled
    Free Member

what’s the recommended dress code for this sort of thing?

mintimperial

Judging by the crowd last time I was there, Angry Birds or Ben 10 t-shirts are de-rigeur…

You won’t be cold. I usually just wear a normal t-shirt and some non-flappy but otherwise normal trousers. Oh, bring full-finger gloves if you’ve got some, the ones on offer at the track are a bit rubbish.

66deg
    Free Member

Full face lid dusted off. Ambulance booked.

Good call.

Bregante

I’m on till 6 a.m tonight. If any of you need a lift home from a&e it would be easier for me if you ask the nice ambulance driver to take you to Hope.

Laters.

grum
    Free Member

What time are people getting there – it starts at 8pm is that right?

xiphon
    Free Member

Only just noticed this thread!

And there was me planning on selling the race BMX…….

gaze
    Free Member

I’am going to get there for 7:45ish .When you get there just give your names to the reception and they should book you in.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll be there at 7:45 too.

Clover

Still in. Aiming for 7.45, but realistically we’re more likely to be there a minute before 8pm.
    😀

dazh

I’ll be there about 7.45ish too. Ironic really that the first night in ages where it’s dry(ish) and not raining it’s indoors!

tthew

I’m still in. Final top-tip. Take a water bottle and a drink.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m already in near unimaginable pain after that ride home.

I did not expect it to be so physically damaging! Sessions fun though and the crack dealers didn’t get me.

dazh

I too am coming up in bruises and my road rash is starting to sting. Luckily I have plentiful supplies of codeine, paracetamol, ibuprofen and alcohol to see the night through.

Great night though. Definitely up for doing that again. More armour though next time I reckon. And at least the bike I broke wasn’t mine.

nach
    Free Member

Hooray, despite some fun crashes, we didn’t recreate this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0NZlQnFFIk[/video]

Rorschach
    Free Member

I am disappoint….you lot promised minor death and dismemberment.We’ll have to have obstacles next time.
    Thanks to a ‘minor’ detour (and a McD’s) I just got home!
    Thanks for letting an ‘outsider’ come and play out(in).

chipps

A top night. Still not sorry I elected to be the official photographer of the evening. Just editing them now. I’m not sure whether to upload them to Flickr or just run a front page story on the site with some of the choicest ones. There was a LOT of the Eye of the Tiger going on tonight!

Great to see you all and it’s great that nobody died. 🙂

chipps

Great night in… Nice to finish the evening clean and dry for a change too!

The other couple of hundred pics are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/19879802@N00/sets/72157649039829797/

I have them in ‘blow up quite big’ resolution if anyone needs a hero-shot to get framed for Christmas. Just email me the pic number and it shall be yours. Otherwise, they’re on Flickr at 1200 pixels wide. You’re entirely welcome to grab whatever you want for BookFace profiles or whatever.

binners

That was absolutely bloody brilliant! I didn’t have a coronary, and arrived home not coated in shite! What’s not to like? 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Top night everyone. Thanks Gaz for sorting it.

I call this image Gladiators of STW

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q9ijP5]MNPR-BMX286[/url] by Chipps Chippendale, on Flickr

tthew

Took me ages to get to sleep, what an ace evening!

Which Gladiator? Wolf? Hunter? (Not Jet!)

Harry_the_Spider

Bungle and George.

Those steely glares could burn through granite.

I know what you mean about not being able to sleep. My head was fizzing until the wee small hours.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yes last night was a top night! Bug thanks to Gaz for organising it and i’m so glad that i took the opportunity to have a go!

Clover

Yay! That was proper ace. Thanks for organising it Gaz. Still buzzing. 😀

hora
    Free Member

Looked awesome and no breaks!

binners

Cheers for organising Gaz. General consensus seems to be that we make a regular thing out of it. If only for the inevitable N + 1 😉

wilko1999
    Free Member

I really want to ride this track, my local BMX track is piddly in comparison. Looks like you had a blast. To the guys who struggled to sleep after, I get that every time I ride my BMX in the evening, whether its on the track or at our local big indoor skatepark. I find a couple of whiskys helps. And a couple afterwards too 😉 The buzz and adrenalin build up is unreal and addictive.

flask
    Free Member

Yeah, completely agree – amazing night big thanks to Gaz for sorting! A bit sore this morning 🙂

mintimperial

Ace night! Cheers Gaz for organising, and yes, very definitely up for more of that. 😀

dazh

Just spent the first hour of the working day looking at how much a decent bmx is. I knew this would happen.

Harry_the_Spider

…go on… how much?

Thanks to Chipps also. It takes a special skill to make a bunch of middle aged blokes dressed like 13 year olds look cool. The full face lids help though.

binners

Harry…. I’ve found the perfect bike for you

Its crazzy awesome!!!! 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i really wish i’d pulled my finger out and gone last night now. rubbish. looks like it was great…

dazh

£300 – £400 for an entry level one by the looks of it…

Small wheels

Bigger Wheels

Very, very tempting! The Mrs just looked over my shoulder and asked me what the hell I’m doing.

mintimperial

I picked my bike up for £140ish a year or two ago in the January sales. It’s not a “race” bike as such, but it’s largely the same as the basic Haro 20″s they hire out at the NCC, and it does the job just fine. If you were going to actually race properly then you’d want to get something lighter and snappier I suspect.

Last night was the first time I’ve used mine at the track and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was on there.

Harry_the_Spider

@Chipps

run a front page story on the site with some of the choicest ones

Go on. You know it makes sense!

I’ll give them a call about booking the Velodrome for some fixie track bike action too.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 213 total)

The topic ‘Monday night pub ride – BMX track night Manchester’ is closed to new replies.