Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – April 6th
  • Harry_the_Spider

Is there a plan?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I believe that the consensus was for a ride out of the Irwell Works Brewery at Ramsbottom. Decent sized ride taking in The Rake, The Tower, Edenfield, Coal Road, Cragg Quarry and Owd Betts.

Earlier kick off time for a Bank Holiday Monday – how does 6pm sound?

At the moment i cant guarantee attendance but will be disappointed if i dont get there!

I dont have a good track record on Michaels Wifes Lane – ridden it twice now and had a snapped chain and an over the bars moment. Third time lucky eh…?

Bregante

Provided that I don’t come down with this bug that is currently sweeping through the rest of our household, I should be there.

Wherever/whenever there is… Probably worth mentioning that if my last trip up there is anything to go by, the Owd Betts descent is likely to be very very gloopy indeed after the past weeks rain.

You see! This is what happens when you let a bit of rain get in the way of a ride. It all goes to rat shit the following week.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dazh

Provided I don’t come down with another bug I’ll be there too*. Been ill for the past 3 weeks out of 4 so surely it must be over now.

*as long as it’s not raining. Doubt I’ll be healthy enough for that.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Surely Binners is in? We’ll be riding past his house.

We could always come back down the Coal Road, that’s nice and quick.

binners

I am in indeedy. Just to remind myself what you all look like. Owd Betts will indeed be a quagmire. Right. Best do some artwork, hadn’t I. I’ve been slacking on that front too. apologies.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Did somebody say “Apologies”?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY41eD4lS28[/video]

Can’t make it, Karin’s folks here. Have fun 🙂

dazh

Karin’s folks here

My folks are here too, which is exactly why I must make it 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, could well do.

duncancallum

Earlier is better and I’m in.

It’ll be light so I probably won’t recognise anyone….

Bregante

In a monumental cock up after this weeks whitewater mountain biking extravaganza, I left my riding glasses (prescription due to crap night vision) outside the wine press.

Fortunately gofasterstripes retrieved them but I am now dependent on them turning up on Saturday in the post due to the bank holidays.

Fingers crossed. 😐

bearnecessities

Have they already been posted? I can personally courier tomorrow.

EDIT: Stupid question, of course they have if you’re hoping for Saturday. Sorry, long 3 weeks 😳

Bregante

Aw cheers anyway Rich. Sam played a blinder just by getting to the post office in one piece to post them yesterday (he’ll explain) 😀

nickc

Room for a small one at the back?

would love to come along, if that’s cool with you guys?

dazh

would love to come along, if that’s cool with you guys?

Have you filled in the application form and had it signed by two founder members? HTS is a bit of a stickler for procedure 😀

Bregante

Everyone’s welcome nickc. Bring lights and money for beer. (Bring plenty though cos first ride tradition involves getting the beers in 😉 )

nickc

Aye, although as I’ve no idea what “frotting” is I’ve left question 113 blank.

will bring sufficient money then…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what “H?M???S” is

GIYF 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Aye, although as I’ve no idea what “frotting” is I’ve left question 113 blank.

In that case bring extra chamois cream.

binners

nickc – I meant to mention it to you yesterday mate. I must have been overcome with the desire to get to the cheese shop*

* this is not a euphemism

binners

Seeing as I’ve been slacking on the artwork front, I hope this marks a return to acceptable standards

Bregante

* suddenly quite thirsty…

binners

For anyone who fancies joining us monday. The Suns out! Might even dry things out a bit by then 🙂

Bregante

I appear to have done my back in over the past few days. I had to turn back early on a ride yesterday in bloody agony. 👿

Hoping that it will sort itself out over the weekend!!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

🙁

dazh

So are we doing an early one then? 6pm is it? Can’t come soon enough after the crazy weekend I’ve had.

Bregante

6 or 6.30? Come on glorious leader! We need to know! Give us a sign!

And I’m hoping that my back will be up to it. I too have had a shite weekend (work)

nickc

I’ve had a great weekend. did 30 miles on the road bike and a 6 miles run today, and now despicable me is on, and in a bit; Skyfall.

Oh, and chocolate.

Bregante

Well, that’s nice to know. Cheered me right up that has.

duncancallum

please say six to maximise pub I mean daylight 😆

Bregante

duncancallum

woopsie double post.

duncancallum

Bregante

binners

6pm from the brewery folks. Got a good route planned. It’s clear blue skies and sunshiiiiiiiiiiine!!!!!

Also, that rarest of things…. No wind up at Cragg. The turbines are all hanging around looking useless. The daily Mail will probably be writing an article on them

Bregante

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Looking forward to tonight!

binners

Daz will be shepherding you up from the Brewery to the shoulder, as I’m not riding down the hill, to turn round and ride straight back up it again. From that point, normal service will be resumed, and I shall be leading from the rear! 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it’s looking unlikely for me; got a knackered cassette that i’m gonna try to fix now but i need an early night anyway so probably will be giving it a miss. i think i’ll just go for a quick jaunt up to rivi instead (seeing as i can now see the pike from my bedroom window these days, it’d be rude not to!)

duncancallum

Herb I can offer a Lift if that tempts you……

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – April 6th’ is closed to new replies.